December is the time when many get too busy with work, along with last minute Christmas shopping and cooking. I make it a point to cook once a week for the family even though work can be hectic.
With the right ingredients and easy-to-follow recipes, it is possible. No excuses, because I had a ‘savior’. The Perfect Italiano Food Fixes in 15-seconds shares a 5-Course menu from appetizers to desserts, featuring the right Perfect Italiano cheese to match each dish. Just in time for the festive season!
There are 15 second videos to teach you how to make festive dishes such as Cheesy Corn Chowder, Chicken Cordon Bleu and Parmesan Pancakes (www.perfectitaliano.com.sg/foodfixesin15). I last experimented with the Cheese Baked Christmas Casserole (Recipe) , which proved to be a success.
I decided to make little cups of Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake, so each family member can have one portion without filling too full.
Ingredients for Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake
– Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes
– Rigatoni / Penna / Fusilli Pasta 400g
– Turkey Ham or Breast (or other types of ham), sliced thinly 200g
– Mushroom, finely sliced 100g
– Sliced Onions 50g
– Sliced Garlic 50g
– Olive Oil 3 tablespoon
– Tomato Pasta Sauce 500ml
– Cooking Cream 150ml
– Chopping Italian Parsley 1 tablespoon
Instructions for Ham and Mushroom Pasta Bake
1. Boil the pasta in salted water until al dente, then strain.
2. In a large pan, sauté onion and garlic with olive oil followed by turkey and mushrooms.
3. Pour in the tomato sauce and cream, then toss with the cooked pasta.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Transfer pasta to a baking dish and top with Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts to golden brown.
7. Garnish with chopped Italian parsley.
The Perfect Italiano cheese can transform simple fares into Italian-inspired creations. Thy have a whole range of cheeses from Mozzarella, Parmesan to Pizza Plus. Their newly launched Perfect Bakes is indeed like its name, perfect if you need to bake dishes such as lasagna, macaroni cheese, baked pasta and rice.
You would realize that the Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes is not too oily, and bakes the dish with beautiful cheesy crust of golden brown with that elasticity. This is created with a blend of three cheeses – full flavoured cheddar blend, with a little Mozzarella for stretch and Parmesan for bite.
Feel free to experiment with this recipe using different types of pasta and meat. You can even customize each serving to the liking of each family member.
* This entry is brought to you by Perfect Italiano. The new Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes is available in Cold Storage, Giant and selected FairPrice outlets. For more festive recipes and videos, visit the Perfect Italiano website www.perfectitaliano.com.sg/foodfixesin15