While cream on coffee may seem to be slightly rich and heavy, a lighter type of cream can add flavour and body.
Other than Dalgona Coffee, you can up your home-coffee game by adding some matcha cream on top for a delicate blend of flavours.
1. Add 1 tsp of matcha powder and ½ tablespoon of sugar to 75ml of whipping cream/fresh cream. You can also add 1 drop of vanilla essence if you want a nicer flavour (optional)
2. Whip until you get a thicker-than-water consistency. If you accidentally overwhipped it, you can always add some cream back into the mixture to get a better consistency
3. Add some ice cubes, 100ml of iced water and pour in a shot of espresso.
4. Slowly add the matcha cream over to get a beautiful layer of matcha cream over your americano
5. Drink together with the foam and coffee, and you should experience a nice light fragrance of matcha.
* By DFD’s Café Correspondent @__sy_g. Songyu is a food and travel blogger whose hobby is uncovering hidden hipster cafes and creating #SongHomeCafe drinks.