London’s Michelin Guide has announced the awarded restaurants for 2019.
The head-liner is Core by Clare Smyth, which went straight to two stars despite the restaurant being a relatively new opening. The Notting Hill fine dining restaurant is Chef Clare Smyth’s first solo restaurant, and she is known as the former head chef at Restaurant Gordon Ramsay.
The Kitchen Table featuring a 19-seat U-shaped table around a cooking station, went to two-stars from the previous one.
There are 6 new 1-starred restaurants, and they include:
– Brat located at Shoreditch, which has strong Basque influences on the menu with food cooked with open wood fire grill.
– Ikoyi in St. James’s which showcases dishes with modern twist on West African flavours.
– The Hide London, a restaurant and bar by Hedonism Wines and Ollie Dabbous, which provides a view of the Green Park.
– Leroy at 18 Phipp Street, Shoreditch is opened by the owners of Michelin Starred restaurant Ellory.
– Roganic which uses foraged ingredients to create ethereal Modern British food.
– Sabor founded by Nieves Barragan and José Etura, Sabor, which focuses on Spanish flavours.
Michelin Guide London 2019 – The Full List
Three stars – Exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey
Alain Ducasse at The Dorchester
Restaurant Gordon Ramsay
Two stars – Excellent cooking, worth a detour
Claude Bosi at Bibendum
Core by Clare Smyth new
Dinner by Heston Blumenthal
Hélène Darroze at The Connaught
Kitchen Table at Bubble Dogs new
Sketch (The Lecture Room & Library)
One star – High quality cooking, worth a stop
Alyn Williams at The Westbury
Dining Room at the Goring
Fera at Claridge’s
Galvin at Windows
Galvin La Chapelle
Hakkasan Hanway Place
La Dame de Pic
L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon
Pied à Terre
Pollen Street Social
Seven Park Place
Social Eating House
The Harwood Arms