Good things do come to Yishun. Northpoint City, the largest mall in the Northern part of Singapore, has opened with over 100 international dining concepts including a specialty food street.
It is located right next to Yishun MRT station with an underground linkway that connects the MRT station directly to Northpoint City. Very convenient.
The mega mall has also just opened its new South Wing.
Other than specialty food street The Makan Town at the South Wing’s basement, there are two popular food courts, Bagus (South Wing Level 2) and Kopitiam (North Wing Basement 2).
Northpoint City looks set to be the next dining destination where Eastern (Oriental) meets Western cuisines under one roof.
Here are more than 10 NEW dining options at the South Wing of Northpoint City:
PatBingSoo Korean Dining House
Tel: 9169 5835
Opening hours: 11:30am – 10:00pm (Sun – Thu), 11:30am – 11:00pm (Fri – Sat)
19 Types Of Bingsoo At One Place
Continuing the K-wave journey right opposite Pizzamaru is PatBingsoo Korean Dining House, a fun and casual restaurant that brings together the latest food trend in Korea.
As their name implies, you can look out for 19 types of bingsoo, each named after the different districts in South Korea.
Cheese lovers will rejoice at their menu with Rolling Cheese Pork Ribs ($38.90), Rolling Cheese Chicken Wings ($22.90), Pork/ Beef Cheese Kimchi Fried Rice ($11.50), Beef ’n Chicks ($13.90) and Chicken Skin with Nacho Cheese ($7.90).
Recommended: Rolling Cheese Pork Ribs ($38.90)
An instagrammable stretchy cheese dish, as cheddar and mozzarella cheese are first melted before wrapping it around the pork ribs.
The pork ribs come in spicy and non-spicy versions, and I will recommend the former with an additional addictive kick.
Tel: 6481 5893
Opening hours: 11:30am – 10:00pm (Mon – Sun)
The Japanese Gyoza Specialist
For Japanese cuisine lovers, check out Gyoza-ya which is part of the Akashi Group.
The shop specializing in both Gyoza (Japanese dumplings filled with grounded meat and vegetables) and Jya Jya Men.
The noodles are best enjoyed by simply adding white vinegar and chili oil. Half-way through the noodle meal, you can follow up by adding egg and boiling noodle water to the remaining small amount of noodles.
Recommended: Pan-Fried Dumpling with Mentaiko Miso ($8.80)
Addictive mentaiko sauce drizzled generously on the plump Gyoza, which were further torched on the surface to give it an additional smokey taste.
The crispy golden brown gyoza skin was thin, smooth and slippery.
One thing to note is that the Gyoza skin is air-flown directly from Japan. Each Gyoza is hand-made and shaped identically with consistent amount of fillings in it by the Master Chef.
Big Fish Small Fish
Tel: 6513 9533
Opening hours: 11:00am – 10:00pm, Last Order 9:30pm (Mon – Sun)
Fun & Vibrant Fish & Chips Shop
Fans of Big Fish Small Fish which first opened as a container cafe in the Punggol settlement will rejoice with a fully sheltered and air-conditioned place within Northpoint City.
Retaining its vibrant yellow and blue container outlook, the appearance brings more fun and relaxing vibe to its casual setting.
The menu includes their 6 signature Fish & Chips: Dory ($7.90), Tilapia ($8.90), Seabass ($11.90), Salmon ($12.90), Cod Fish ($15.90), Sandwich & Crisps ($8.90-16.90) and Fish & Rice ($11.90-12.90) that is exclusive to this outlet.
Adding to this fun-loving ambience is the flexibility and free-flow of sauces at the DIY counter where everyone can be a MasterChef to create your favourite dips. Think Cheese, Curry Mayo, XO Mayo, Salted Egg and Mozzarella Cheese dip.
Recommended: Salmon Fish & Crisps ($12.90)
The Fish & Chips are packed into cone boxes which is both ideal for dine-in and takeaway.
This is quite an interesting experience to dine-in by pouring the Fish & Chips onto the table (like casting a fish net) before digging in with gloves. The salmon comes in a big slab, with a creamy and buttery taste.
Guzman Y Gomez
Tel: 6254 4979
Opening hours: 11:00am – 10:00pm (Mon – Sun)
Mexican Fever With Burrito, Quesadillas and Tacos
Speaking of Mexican food, Guzman Y Gomez (GYG) is probably one of the well-known brands in Singapore, with its latest outlet in Northpoint City.
Combining the Latin experience in their food, music, art and vibe, their strategic location in CBDs and near the offices had attracted a steady crowd with their Burritos ($7.90/10.90), Burrito Bowls ($10.90), Nachos ($13.50), Quesadillas (2 for $8.50, 3 for $10.90) and Tacos (2 for $8.50, 3 for $11.50).
Recommended: Burritos (Mini $7.90/ Regular $10.90)
With a choice of grilled chicken/ steak, roasted beef/ pork, barramundi or sautéed vegetables for fillings, each burrito is packed with a generous amount of fillings and manually rolled in a soft tortilla wrap.
Convenient to eat in a compact takeaway form, with a balanced but flavourful mix of ingredients.
Tel: 6481 9036
Opening hours: 10:00am – 12:00am Last Order 11:00pm Daily
Wide Selection Of Western Cuisine At Affordable Prices
Perfect as a supper place. Collin’s at Northpoint City is opened till late till midnight for shoppers and movie-goers.
With a total of 21 outlets island wide, Collin’s serves a selection of western cuisine at affordable prices. Being one of the 2 restaurants (out of the 21) that uses the Mibrasa charcoal oven.
Know not what to choose? Get the Charcoal Grilled Pork Ribs – Full Slab ($35.90), Octopus Leg ($25.90) and Teriyaki Pork Belly ($16.90) with a distinct smokiness in the taste.
Recommended: Charcoal Grilled Pork Ribs – Full Slab ($35.90)
Distinct smokiness with chunks of tender and juicy ribs, which retained its flavour even after grilling.
Kanshoku Ramen Bar
Opening Hours: 11am – 10pm Last Order 9:30pm Daily
Kanshoku Ramen Bar is popular for being one of the first (and most successful) ramen shops in Singapore to introduce Truffle Ramen – in both dry and broth versions.
Look out for the food truck at basement 1 of Northpoint City. That’s where you can find them.
NEW to the ramen bar is the Yuzu Ramen, with a light clear broth made from free-range French poulet added with Japanese Yuzu for that subtle citrus flavour.
Tel: 6254 4307
Opening hours: 11:30am – 10:00pm (Mon – Sun)
South Korea’s Most Iconic Pizza Brand
The K-wave continues to hit our shores with the opening of South Korea’s most iconic pizza brand Pizzamaru, boosting of over 630 stores in Korea.
Adding some Korean element into their menu, recommended items include the 9-inch Chicago Pizza ($26.80) made using black rice dough and Premium Pizza (9-inch $19.80, 12-inch $23.80) made using patented Green Tea Wellbeing Dough with flaxseed, chlorella, barley and 12 other grains.
Apart from pizzas, diners can also indulge in Korean Fried Chicken (6pcs $16.90, 12 pcs $29.80) with 4 different flavours: Sweet Chili, Supa Hot, Honey Butter and Onion Tartar; 4 different Bibimbap Tower: Spam ($12.80), Kimchi Bulgogi ($12.80), Crab Claw ($15.80) and Maru Chicken ($10.80) and Bingsu ($9.90- $11.90).
Recommended: Real BBQ Chicago ($26.80)
Say Cheese! Get your cameras ready for some #foodporn when the slices of pizza are lifted.
Stuffed with creamy double mozzarella cheese, string cheese and cream cheese mousse with honey and BBQ sauce, this is a combination of sweet and savoury in one bite.
And it also doubles up as a dessert.
London Duck By Fei Siong
Opening hours: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm (Mon – Sun)
From the people at Fei Siong Group with brands such as Fei Siong, Encik Tan, Nam Kee Pau comes their latest venture at Northpoint City – London Duck by Fei Siong.
Offering Irish Duck aka “Wagyu of ducks” air-flown directly from the United Kingdoms (UK) at affordable pricing and a selection of dim sum, this casual setting is suitable for family gathering.
Opening hours: 10:30 am – 10:00 pm (Mon – Sun), Last Order 9:30pm
LeNu is a casual Chinese noodle bar that serves Lamian noodles in secret recipes broth that involves many hours of preparation from boiling to being served on the table.
Apart from using the finest ingredients, the proportion of ingredients (pork, chicken, beef) are carefully measured to ensure consistency in every bowl.
Opening hours: 10:00 am – 10:00 pm (Mon – Sun)
From Chang Mai to Singapore, Fruiturday had launched its first overseas franchise in Northpoint City. Each smoothie and shakes uses fresh fruits selected daily for optimal freshness and ripeness with no artificial flavouring and preservatives.
Bestsellers on the menu include Mango Sticky Rice Shake ($6.90), Coconut Shake ($4.90) and Mango smoothies ($5.90) such as Mango Delight (mango and strawberry), Mango Sago and Mango Passionfruit.
True Boss 醋頭家
Opening Hours: 10:00am – 10:00pm
This is probably the first fruit vinegar tea shop in Singapore, a franchise from the Taiwanese True Boss 醋頭家 chain which specialises in fruit vinegar, bubble tea and fruit smoothies.
Some of their recommendations include Peach Vinegar ($2.90, $3.90), Plum Vinegar Tea ($3.40, $4.50), Brown Sugar with Fresh Milk ($3.90, $5.40), and Cheese Milk Foam with Lugu Oolong Tea ($2.90, and $3.90).
I found this a refreshing thirst-quencher after a heavy meal, and having fruit vinegar which is high in anti-oxidant, is said to also help in nutrient absorption and weight loss.
Other Food & Restaurant Places At Northpoint City South Wing include: (One other shop to check out is Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul’s first shop in Singapore.)
– Baskin Robins South Wing #02-114
– Bee Cheng Hiang South Wing #02-155
– Bengawan Solo South Wing #B2-162
– Big Fish Small Fish South Wing #02-132/133
– BlackBall South Wing #B1-154
– Bonchon South Wing #B1-180
– Burger Up Express South Wing #B2-113
– Central Hong Kong Café South Wing #01-137/138
– Chargrill Western South Wing #01-128
– Chateraise South Wing #01-152
– Chuan Xiang South Wing #B2-115
– Cococane South Wing #B2-160
– Collin’s South Wing #01-113/114
– Curry Times South Wing #B1-201/202
– Din Tai Fung South Wing #B1-107/108
– Dough Culture North Wing #B1-10 and South Wing #B2-147
– Dough Magic South Wing #B2-128
– Eighteen Chefs Signature South Wing #02-128/129
– Express Teppan-yaki South Wing #B1-200
– Fat Papas Burgers & Shakes South Wing #01-150
– Feng Food South Wing #B1-156
– Fragrance North Wing #B2-15 and South Wing #B2-117
– Fruit Box South Wing #B2-116
– Fruiturday South Wing #B2-146
– Fuji Bakery South Wing #B2-161
– Fun Toast South Wing #02-170
– Gado & Grill South Wing #B1-198
– Golden House Fried Snacks South Wing #B2-126
– Greedy Duck South Wing #B2-139
– Green Signature South Wing #02-126/127
– Gu Thai South Wing #B1-157
– Guzman Y Gomez South Wing #01-176/177/178
– Gyoza-Ya South Wing #B1-199
– Heavenly Wang South Wing #01-167
– Hi Tea South Wing #01-127
– Ho Kee Pau South Wing #B2-145
– Hockhua Herbal Tea South Wing #B2-148
– HoneyWorld South Wing #B2-129
– Hong Kong Sheng Kee Dessert South Wing #B1-155
– iTea South Wing #B2-119
– Joe & Dough South Wing #01-118/119
– Juewei South Wing #B2-132
– K-Market South Wing #B1-110/111
– Kanshoku Ramen South Wing #B1-151
– Khun Thai South Wing #B2-144
– Krispy Kreme South Wing #01-133
– LE Castella South Wing #01-151
– LeNu South Wing #B1-101
– London Duck by Fei Siong South Wing #B1-103/104
– Maki-San South Wing #01-172
– Malaysia Chiak South Wing #B1-194/195 & #B1-203-205
– Mei Heong Yuen Dessert South Wing #02-171
– Monster Curry South Wing #B1-102
– Nine Fresh South Wing #B2-153
– O’Coffee Club Xpress South Wing #01-126
– OMOOMO Food Concepts South Wing #B1-191
– One (Simply One) South Wing #B2-130
– Oosh! Nosh! Fashionable Food South Wing #B1-105
– PARTEA South Wing #01-153
– PatBingSoo Korean Dining House South Wing #B1-181
– Penang Road Famous Teochew Chendul South Wing #01-168/169
– Pezzo South Wing #B2-152
– Pizza Hut Express South Wing #B2-149
– Pizza Maru South Wing #B1-192/193
– Pontian Wanton Noodles South Wing #B2-154
– Proofer Boulangerie South Wing #B2-158/159
– Qian Wei Shan Dong Da Bao South Wing #B2-118
– Sakon Thai South Wing #01-129
– Seoul Jjimdak South Wing #B1-179
– Sichuan Chef South Wing #B1-187
– Singa Goody South Wing #02-155
– SMA – Super Makan Asia South Wing #B1-112
– Smooy South Wing #B2-124
– Snackz It South Wing #B2-156
– So Pho South Wing #B1-182/183
– Sultan Turkish Corner South Wing #B2-125
– Sushi Express South Wing #B1-150
– Swee Heng Classic 1989 South Wing #B2-114
– Teafolio South Wing #01-154
– The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf South Wing #01-110
– Tori-Q South Wing #B1-185
– True Boss South Wing #B2-134
– Twelve Cupcakes South Wing #01-105
– Unice South Wing #B2-135
– Xin Bei Healthy Papaya Milkshake South Wing #B2-157
– Ya Hua Bak Kut Teh South Wing #B1-196/197
– Yi Qian Ling Yi Ye South Wing #B1-184
– YuBa Hut South Wing #B1-186
– ZTP Herbal Tea South Wing #B2-133
* Written by Nicholas Tan @stormscape. This entry is brought to you in partnership with Frasers Centrepoint Singapore.