I can barely contain my excitement. Yes, yes yes! I will be leading a gourmet escapade with Chan Brothers Travel – A 7D Western Australia & Margaret River Gourmet Escape Self-drive Convoy departing Nov 18!
Fancy driving from Perth to Swan Valley for a food and wine trail, to the stunning Wave Rock and to a yabby farm? (Read: 20 Things To See, Shop, and Savour in Western Australia)
The team from self-drive specialist Chan Brothers Travel and I wanted to make sure this would be a gourmet tour package like no other.
Having good food and fun times are my main priorities, and what you can expect is to indulge in wine & cheese tastings,cooking demonstrations, masterclasses, intimate Q&A’s and panel discussions, all made possible with a premium ticket to the Margaret River Gourmet Escape 2014 Gourmet Village.
If you have not heard, this is a MUST VISIT food and wine festival held at the beautiful Margaret River, attracting top international and Australian chefs and foodies all around the world to feast on the finest the region can offer every year.
10 Reasons to Visit The Margaret River Gourmet Escape 2014
1. Indulge in top quality Australian produce from succulent seafood, premium beef, native herbs and spices, sweet treats, to boutique beers and fine wines.
2. Expect a star-studded lineup of over 30 international and local celebrity chefs and wine experts.
3. Chance to meet top celebrity chefs – Massimo Bottura (Osteria Francescana, Modena Italy, Number 3 best restaurant in the world), Peter Gilmore (Quay, Sydney), Ashley Palmer-Watts (Dinner by Heston Blumenthal, London UK), Davide Scabin (Combal.Zero, Rivoli Italy), Jonny Lake (The Fat Duck, Bray UK), Clare Smyth (Restaurant Gordon Ramsay, UK, The first British female to earn three Michelin stars).
4. Support Singapore’s very own Chef Sam Leong at the Gourmet Village.
5. Attend an interactive master class to learn food tips from the world’s best chefs.
6. Appreciate the finest wine at the exclusive Leeuwin Estate Art Gallery.
7. Taste quality local beers and meet fellow enthusiasts in the brewhouse tasting table sessions.
8. Relax by having a picnic at the Channel Seven Picnic Lawn.
9. Create your own gourmet experience with more than 100 exhibitors in the village.
10. Take selfies (or wefies) at Margaret River, one of Western Australia’s most famous and scenic food and wine regions.
Why self-drive? The self-driving itinerary can help you discover a very scenic Western Australia, discover places off the beaten track, with many opportunities to do activities at your own pace without the need to rush too much.
What’s included in the package is a 6-day Hertz car rental (1.8 litre) with NeverLost GPS with maximum vehicle insurance. There will also be a tour leader throughout the trip providing his or her assistance!
Can’t drive? Get a friend who does to join.
Besides Margaret River, you will also have the opportunity to explore the South West, Golden Outback and Swan Valley at your own leisure! Depart from Perth to Swan Valley to experience their award-winning Food and Wine Trail.
Here, we will partake in a wine and cheese tasting session together. Next stop, we will have lunch together at Cambinata Yabbies, a truly Aussie experience! Let’s cycle, canoe and fish together at Karri Valley Resort.
Along the way, you will pass by iconic landmarks such as Wave Rock, visit charming cafes at Pemberton, get up close with wildlife at Caversham Wildlife Park, shop for locally-made produce and many more!
7-day Western Australia and Margaret River Gourmet Escape Self-drive Convoy with Celebrity Food Blogger Daniel Ang departs 18 November
Call Chan Brothers Travel Flexi Holidays at +65 6212 9684 for more details. Or Book Direct Here!
Get $200 OFF per couple!
Really hope to see you on this trip!
* This entry is brought to you by Chan Brothers Travel.