Popular among those in the east, Seng Kee is known for their wide spread of zi char and signature Black Chicken Herbal Soup containing ‘silkie’ chicken – a smaller leaner poultry breed, added with wolfberries, and Chinese yam.
It is popular among supper goers, as its operational hours is all the way till 3:30am.
What I am usually there for, is the Kidney Mee Sua ($5.80).
Served in a dark red bowl, it contained dark coloured thick soup which emitted steamy smells of herbal goodness.
When scooped up, there were generous portions of neatly cut pieces of kidney and lean pork slices which melt tenderly in your mouth.
If you like your soup herbal and slightly peppery, this will be your heaven on a cool rainy weather.
Plus, it is not so overpowering that is obscures the taste of the pork.
The best part of the soup was the mee sua, silky smooth and not overcooked till mushy.
If kidneys are not your cup of tea, you can try the pig organ soup or lean meat soup which is just as tasty and fragrant.
This is especially if you do not like a ‘porky’ aftertaste in your broth.
Seng Kee at 475 Changi Road known for its Pork Kidney Mee Sua Soup is offering islandwide delivery.
Whatsapp +65 88742100 for home delivery, or call +65 6746 4089 for self-collection.
Minimal Order: $20 Store postal code: Singapore 419892
Delivery fee: <5km $2 5km to 10km – $4 10km to 15km -$8 15km to 20km – $12 20km to 25km – $15 >25km – $18
Seng Kee top-selling dishes include:
1. Mee Sua Soup with Pork, Liver, Kidney ($5.80, $7.80)
2. Crispy Pan Fried Bee Hoon with Prawn, Pork, Bean Sprout ($10.50, $15.50)
3. White Bee Hoon with Clams, Prawn, Sotong ($8.50, $12.50, $16.50)
4. Fried Mee Sua with Prawn, Pork, Bean Sprout ($6.50, $9.50, $12.50)
5. Hor Fun with Prawn, Sotong, Pork, Sliced Fish ($6.50, $9.50, $12.50)
6. Mee Sua with Prawn, Minced Pork ($6.50, $9.50, $12.50)
7. Bee Hoon Soup with Fried Fish ($7.50, $10.50, $13.50)
8. Curry Fish Head ($20.00, $30.00, $40.00)
9. Deep Fried Prawn Paste Chicken ($12.80, $16.80, $20.80)
10. Prawn Roll ($12.80, $16.80, $20.80)
Top 20 dishes order and reference: https://take.sg/s/6588742100
Seng Kee Black Chicken Herbal Soup
475/477 Changi Road, Singapore 419893
Tel: +65 6746 4089
Opening Hours: 11:30am – 3:30am (Mon – Sun)
Other Related Entries
Kota Zheng Zong Bak Kut Teh Singapore (Holland Village)
Downstairs (UE BizHub East)
Chef Kang Prawn Noodle House (Toa Payoh)
GO Noodle House (313@somerset)
Congee Legend (Geylang)
* Follow @DanielFoodDiary on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube for more food news, food videos and travel highlights. DFD paid for food reviewed unless otherwise stated.