The Michelin Guide Singapore 2019 has awarded stars to a total of 44 restaurants, including 8 new starred-restaurants and 5 promotions. It includes:
– Two restaurants with 3 stars
– Five restaurants with 2 stars
– 37 restaurants with one star
It appears that French restaurants are getting a bountiful year, with Odette, Les Amis and Saint Pierre moving up the ranks.
The two NEW 2-stars restaurants are:
– Saint Pierre (moved from 1 star)
The nine NEW 1-star restaurants include:
– Basque Kitchen by Aitor
– Buona Terra
– Cheek Bistro (previously known as Cheek by Jowl)
– Restaurant JAG
– Meta Restaurant (moved location)
– Table 65
– Vianney Massot (previously known as Bacchanalia)
Crystal Jade Golden Palace which was previously awarded 1-star has dropped out this year. It is currently listed under the “Michelin Plate” category.
Chef Rishi Naleendra who previously helmed 1-Michelin starred Cheek by Jowl, ‘regains’ it back with the rebranded Cheek Bistro.
Terra Restaurant which was listed in the inaugural guide and dropped out 2 years ago, returns with 1 star.
Some may be perplexed why Meta Restaurant would be considered a “new restaurant”. That is because it moved from 9 to 1 Keong Saik Road.
The two hawker stalls Hawker Chan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice and Noodle and Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles retain their 1 star, but there are views that the standard of Hawker Chan’s chicken rice may not be that consistent anymore.
When preparing the selection, Michelin inspectors reviewed all types of cuisines and considered only the quality of the food.
All establishments are selected according to the same five criteria used by Michelin inspectors around the world. They are:
1) quality of the ingredients used
2) mastery of cooking techniques and flavors
3) projection of the chef’s personality in his cuisine
4) value for money
5) consistency – both over time and across the entire menu.
Other factors, such as place, décor, service and facilities offered, are supposedly not considered.
3 Michelin stars: Exceptional cuisine, worth a special journey
– Les Amis (Shaw Centre) – French
– Odette (National Gallery Singapore) – French contemporary
2 Michelin stars: Excellent cooking, worth a detour
The personality and talent of the chef and their team is evident in the refined, expertly crafted dishes.
– Saint Pierre (One Fullerton) – French contemporary (NEW, moved up from 1 star)
– Shisen Hanten by Chef Kentaro (Mandarin Orchard Singapore) – Chinese
– Shoukouwa (One Fullerton) – Sushi
– Waku Ghin (Marina Bay Sands) – Japanese contemporary
– Zén (NEW)
1 Michelin Star: A very good restaurant in its category
Within their category, these establishments use quality ingredients and serve carefully prepared dishes with distinct flavours.
– Alma (Goodwood Park Hotel) – European contemporary
– Basque Kitchen by Aitor (NEW)
– Beni (Mandarin Gallery, Orchard) – French contemporary
– Braci (Boat Quay) – Italian contemporary
– Buona Terra (NEW)
– Burnt Ends (Teck Lim Road) – Barbeque
– Candlenut (Dempsey) – Peranakan
– Chef Kang’s (25 Mackenzie Road) – Cantonese
– Cheek Bistro (NEW)
– Corner House (Botanic Gardens) – Innovative
– CUT (Marina Bay Sands) – Steakhouse
– Garibaldi (36 Purvis Street) – Italian
– JAG (NEW)
– Hawker Chan Hong Kong Soya Sauce Chicken Rice and Noodle (Chinatown Food Complex, Smith Street) – Street Food
– Hill Street Tai Hwa Pork Noodles (Crawford Lane) – Street Food
– Iggy’s (581 Orchard Road, Hilton Singapore) – European contemporary
– Imperial Treasure Fine Teochew Cuisine (ION Orchard) – Teochew
– JAAN (Swissotel the Stamford) – French contemporary
– Jiang-Nan Chun (Four Seasons Hotel) – Cantonese
– Labyrinth (Esplanade) – Innovative
– Lei Garden (CHIJMES) – Cantonese
– Lerouy (NEW)
– Ma Cuisine (38 Craig Road) – French
– Meta (NEW)
– Nouri (Amoy Street) – Innovative
– Putien Restaurant (Kitchener Road) – Fujian
– Rhubarb Le Restaurant (Duxton Hill) – French contemporary
– Shinji by Kanesaka (Carlton Hotel) – Sushi
– Shinji by Kanesaka (St Regis Hotel) – Sushi
– Summer Palace (Regent Singapore) – Cantonese
– Summer Pavilion (Ritz-Carlton, The Millenia Singapore) – Cantonese
– Sushi Ichi (Singapore Marriott Tang Plaza Hotel) – Sushi
– Sushi Kimura (Palais Renaissance) – Sushi
– Table 65 (NEW)
– Terra (NEW)
– The Song of India (Scotts Road) – Indian
– Vianney Massot (NEW)
Other Related Entries
Michelin Singapore – Restaurant Reviews
Michelin Bib Gourmand Singapore 2019
10 “Michelin Plate” Hawker Stalls In Singapore
54 Must-Eat Famous Singapore Food, And Where To Find Them
12 NEW Michelin Bib Gourmand Restaurants & Hawker Stalls In Singapore