[Bangkok] Brown Sugar Milk Tea here, there, everywhere and the trend doesn’t seem to end.
While the global market trend for brown sugar beverage is currently led by various Taiwanese bubble tea chains such as The Alley, Jenjudan珍煮丹 and Tiger Sugar, the creative Thais have managed to come up with their own version of brown sugar milk tea variant.
If the branding of Taiwanese bubble tea chain belongs to the subtle hipster style, Fire Tiger by Seoulcial Club would be the direct opposite – loud, showy and flamboyant.
The takeaway kiosk itself strikingly mimics a cage filled with roaming (fake) tigers.
To collect your order, you will have to then literally “送羊入虎口” (feed the lamb to the tiger) which creates an interesting photo opportunity experience.
There are only 5 beverages on their menu.
– The Crown Milk Tea, 160 THB (SGD 6.82)
– Fire Tiger Milk Tea, 150 THB (SGD 6.40)
– Fire Tiger Milk, 150 THB (SGD 6.40)
– Black Sugar Tiger Milk Tea, 140 THB (SGD $6)
– Black Sugar Tiger Milk, 130 THB (SGD5.60)
Their “highly recommended” Fire Tiger Milk Tea tasted just like any other brown sugar milk tea that I have ever came across – coated with loads of brown sugar syrup, plump brown sugar boba pearls and fragrant milk tea.
The key-selling point, is the additional layer of flame torched crème brûlée.
I actually preferred the The Crown Milk Tea, which has caramel jelly mixed together with pearls and topped with crunchy chocolate bits for an additional bite texture.
The milk tea options are also more flavourful with distinctive tea aroma compared to boba milk options.
They currently have 5 stores and all are located at Siam area:
– 3 takeaway kiosk located at Siam Square Soi 7, Centralworld Level 7 and Siam Centre Level M
– 2 sit down café located at Siam Square Soi 3 and Icon Siam Level 4.
Given the beverage price point and store locations in prime town area, their target market seems to be on foreigners.
Tourist trap or not, for you to decide.
Fire Tiger by Seoulcial Club
Siam Square Soi 7, Khwaeng Pathum Wan, Khet Pathum Wan, Krung Thep Maha Nakhon 10330, Thailand (BTS Siam)
Opening Hours: 10.30am – 9pm (Mon – Sun)
Google Maps – Fire Tiger by Seoulcial Club
* Written by Lewis Tan @juicyfingers, a self-proclaimed coffee addict. DFD paid for food reviewed unless otherwise stated.