[Original Entry] First things first, food delivery is nothing new in Singapore, but Deliveroo is different.
Deliveroo (easily identifiable by its cute kangaroo logo) is on-demand premium food delivery service that brings meals from restaurants to homes and offices.
Promo Code ”DFDEDITIONS” to enjoy 3 FREE Deliveries worth $10.50.
Yes, restaurants, in an average time of 32 minutes.
I ALWAYS order delivery, for various reasons – corporate meeting, house party, family dinner, a pizza treat to my students (to reward them for good results), but it hasn’t always been all the time successful.
From an end-user’s point of view, there are some common shortcomings in food deliveries – hard to call through, unreliable delivery timings, lack of food options. I think some of you may have been through that experience, and it can be extremely frustrating.
So before writing this post, I actually tried out Deliveroo 5 times to test their platform and services, and therefore feel safe enough to recommend to my colleagues and friends. Especially when I know I won’t want to jeopardise the meeting with THE BOSS when no food arrives.
Here’s the ordering process:
– Go to Deliveroo’s website www.deliveroo.com.sg or download the app Deliveroo on your mobile.
– Type in your postal code into the landing page or screen. I used the app, so it is location based.
– Select your preferred restaurant.
– Select the food you wish to enjoy. (In this case, I order different Korean Fried Chicken flavours from my favourite Choo Choo Chicken. Yes, yes, Korean Fried Chicken at the comfort of your home.)
– You can choose “Deliver ASAP” or up to a day in advance.
– Checkout. (Use the Promo Code: DFDROO for $20 OFF if this is your first order.)
– Key in your credit card details to confirm order. (Plus, you don’t have to re-enter for your future orders. So simple!)
– Wait for your meal to arrive. (The app actually tells you the process, eg the food is under preparation, the food is on its way etc.)
The average time is supposedly 32 mins.
BUT, the delivery guy actually arrived in about 22 minutes. SO FAST. I quickly texted my brother to return home, “Quickly walk home. The chicken arrived before you.” #TrueStory
Needless to say, a hot, crispy and satisfying meal. We did order a lot, but guess we were hungry.
In another occasion, I ordered Sushi Burrito’s Rainbow Shrimp Sushi Burrito and P.S Cafe’s Truffle Fries with a variety of cakes for an office meeting.
Yes, having TRUFFLE FRIES for your next team meeting can become a reality. And suddenly, you may just LOOK FORWARD to your next meeting.
Those cakes you see here arrived in about 20-25 minutes or so. Delivery charges are only $3, and it really saves us the hassle and a lot of time going down to get food and back.
My colleague actually noticed that the Sticky Date Pudding came with the sauce separately packaged, so that the dessert doesn’t get mushy during delivery, and you can pour the amount to your fancy.
P.S. Cafe also provided the cakes individually in boxes, with utensils and serviettes. Plus points for service.
Here Are 10 Other Facts About Deliveroo
1. Deliveroo is established in London and uses a proprietary technology and logistics platform. Everything is done online – cash-free, convenient, fast.
2. Meals are delivered from a wide selection of independent, curated, good-quality restaurants.
3. Deliveroo in Singapore features more than 300 restaurants currently, including Cedele, Chopsuey Cafe, Kinki Restaurant, MEATliquor, Potato Head Folk and PS. Cafe Petit.
4. “The only thing you will not find on Deliveroo is low-quality takeaway restaurants.” This is stated in their website. NO low quality takeaway restaurants.
5. Deliveroo services customers in more than 20 zones across Singapore, including Central Business District, Katong, Bukit Merah, Novena, Bukit Timah, Queenstown, Ang Mo Kio, Bishan, Serangoon, Bedok, and Kallang.
6. There is no minimum order.
7. A flat fee of $3 is charged for each delivery for any orders. For orders less than $25 – a surcharge of $5 is charged on top of the $3 delivery fee.
8. The average delivery time is 32 minutes.
9. Deliveroo delivers every day from 11:30am to 11pm.
10. The drivers are called Roowomen and Roomen. We also learnt that the Roowomen and Roomen are in charge of this particular zone (thus more familiar with the district, shortcuts, traffic conditions etc). We are likely to see familiar faces if we order regularly from the same zone.
This. Evidence of what happens when you are too hungry, and lazy to go out.
Tea break time and this awesome Kong Bak Banh Mi came delivered by Deliveroo. Look at that fatty braised pork belly.
Ordered 3:30pm. Arrived 3:51pm. In my tummy by 4:00pm. I am a Deliveroo convert.
Promo Code ”DFDROO” to enjoy 3 FREE Deliveries off your 1st three orders. Valid till 31st August 2017.
(Some readers asked where to key in the promo code. I have indicated with arrows in this picture. Enjoy the Deliveroo!)
* This entry is brought to you in partnership with Deliveroo.