Western Australia is never short of extraordinary holiday experiences, especially when it comes to food and wine. It is the place to go to for some of the best seafood experiences, award-winning wines and prized black truffles.
Friends have always recommended a self-drive holiday. Imagine driving from Perth to Swan Valley for a food and wine trail, to the stunning Wave Rock and to a yabby farm. Then, canoeing, trout fishing and cycling in Karri Valley?
Here are 20 things to see, shop and savour in Western Australia, not forgetting feasting at the renowned Margaret River Gourmet Escape!
1. See and experience THE Margaret River Gourmet Escape. This is a MUST VISIT food and wine festival held where international culinary talents showcase the best of the beautiful Margaret River region.
2. See a star studded line-up of top international celebrity chefs at one single place: Massimo Bottura, Ashley Palmer-Watts, Davide Scabin, Jonny Lake, Clare Smyth, Frank Camorra, Peter Gilmore and Sam Leong!
3. Shop at pop-up restaurants, cafes and booths at Gourmet Village. There are over a hundred exhibitors!
4. Savour and feast on five-star, Michelin-worthy line up of fresh succulent seafood, premium beef, sweet desserts, boutique beers and fine wines, many of which created by some of Australian’s best home-grown chefs.
Albany & Pemberton
5. See Albany’s rugged coastline, known as the historic port city, carved by waves of the Great Southern Ocean and marvel at the wonders of nature at The Gap and Natural Bridge.
6. See giant windmills at Albany Wind Farm.
7. Shop for organic Australian Sandalwood.
8. Savour lip-smacking meals at Pemberton, which has earned a reputation for its fine dining restaurants or charming cafes. Many are Gold Plate Awards Winners. Or…
9. Savour your own fare at a cooking class. It will be fun!
10. See the picturesque Swan Valley which is Western Australia’s oldest wine-growing region
11. See and perhaps hand-feed kangaroos, watch sheep shearing and cute koalas!
12. Shop for locally-made produce, art and craft, and souvenirs such as chocolates, nougats and honey.
13. Savour premium wines and gourmet cheese at Lancaster Wines, which produces outstanding wines including Chenin blanc, Verdelho, Chardonnay, and the legendary Old Vines Shiraz.
14. See tin horses on displays (feels like Alice in Wonderland) along the Tin Horse Highway in Kulin.
15. See Wave Rock, a 15-metre high granite cliff shaped remarkably like a huge wave.
16. Savour country-style homemade pies (at The Mallee Tree Café and Gallery)
17. See beautiful multi-coloured wildflowers at Lake Grace, especially from September to December when flowers bloom to their fullest.
18. Savour succulent yabbies also known as mini-lobsters at award-winning Cambinata Yabbies, a worldwide leader in yabby processing and marketing.
Busselton and Fremantle
19. See the famous 140-year-old and 2-km-long Busselton Jetty, the longest jetty in the southern hemisphere.
20. Shop at Fremantle markets for Australian wares, accessories, unique gifts and produces at a variety of 150 stalls.
If you are a gourmet lover and want to discover places off the beaten track, then join me in the 7-day Western Australia and Margaret River Gourmet Escape Self-drive Convoy!
What’s included in the package are return tickets on Singapore Airlines, all accommodation, the Margaret River Gourmet Escape Gourmet Village Premium Ticket, a 6-day Hertz car rental (1.8 litre) with NeverLost GPS with maximum vehicle insurance and more.
There will also be a tour leader throughout the trip providing his or her assistance. Of course I will be there too!
If you can’t drive, simple, get some driver friends to join! The more the merrier.
Don’t miss this chance to savour the best that Western Australia gotta offer. Book now at
Chan Brothers Towards 50 Holiday Fiesta
28 September (Sunday)
10am – 8pm
Suntec Singapore Level 4 Hall 405
Call Chan Brothers Travel Flexi Holidays at +65 6212 9684 for more details. Or Book Direct Here!