Michelin Guide Bangkok, Phuket and Phang-nga 2019 – Gaggan, Le Normandie, Mezzaluna and Sühring Get 2 Stars
Michelin Guide has announced its awardees for Thailand, with 26 restaurants in Bangkok, and 1 in Phuket awarded with stars.
There are little surprises this year. As usual.
No restaurant has been given the coveted 3 stars; while 4 restaurants – Gaggan, Le Normandie, Mezzaluna and Restaurant Sühring awarded 2 stars.
Sühring moved up the ranks with one additional star this year.
The only Michelin-starred street food eatery from Thailand, Jay Fai known for its Drunken Noodles and Crab Omelette, retains its one star.
The 10 NEW restaurants with 1-star include Canvas, Gaa, Le Du, Methavalai Sorndaeng, PRU, R-Haan, Ruean Panya, Saawaan, Sorn and Suan Thip.
Gaggan by Chef Gaggan Anand awarded 2 Michelin stars again.
Restaurant Suhring, by twin chefs Mathias and Thomas Sühring, gets one more star this year.
Drunken Noodles from Jay Fai. Waiting time can be a few hours long after the awards.
Signature dish of Pomelo Salad of Char-Grilled Carabineros Asian Prawns from Paste, by Chef Bee Satongun.
One Michelin Star
– Bo.lan (Thai, Vadhana)
– Canvas (Innovative) (New)
– Chim by Siam Wisdom (Thai, Vadhana)
– Elements (French contemporary, Pathum Wan)
– Gaa (Innovative) (New)
– Ginza Sushi Ichi (Sushi, Pathum Wan)
– Jay Fai (Thai)
– J’AIME by Jean Michel Lorain (French contemporary, Sathon)
– L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon (French contemporary, Bang Rak)
– Le Du (Thai Contemporary) (New)
– Methavalai Sorndaeng (Thai) (New)
– Nahm (Thai, Sathon)
– Paste (Thai, Pathum Wan)
– PRU (Innovative, Phuket) (New)
– R-Haan (Thai) (New)
– Ruean Panya (Thai) (New)
– Saneh Jaan (Thai, Pathum Wan)
– Saawaan (Thai Contemporary) (New)
– Sorn (Southern Thai) (New)
– Suan Thip (Thai) (New)
– Savelberg (French contemporary, Pathum Wan)
– Sra Bua by Kiin Kiin (Thai, Pathum Wan)
– Upstairs at Mikkeller (Innovative)
(Click PLAY for highlights of 1 Michelin Star Bangkok Street Hawker, Jay Fai.)
* Follow @DanielFoodDiary on Facebook and Instagram for more food news, food videos and travel highlights. Daniel’s Food Diary paid for food reviewed unless otherwise stated. Photos partly provided by Gavin Chan @gavinchan
Quan Alley 寬巷子 – Taiwanese Hotpot Restaurant With Creative Items, “Rose Meat” And Seafood Popsicles In Taipei
December 17, 2018
December 16, 2018