Aqua S Singapore – Dreamy Blue Soft Serve Shop At Orchard Xchange, With Flavours Of Lychee & Thai Tea
Aqua S, that dreamy baby blue soft serve from Sydney Australia, is FINALLY ariving in Singapore.
The softserve shop has opened at Orchard Xchange basement, located at a level above the Orchard MRT station exit.
(Click PLAY for highlights of Aqua S Singapore.)
When I headed over to Orchard Xchange (where Forever 21) used to be, I realised that there will be many F&B outlets opening up there.
As for Aqua S, you may have seen their Whimsical ice cream all over Instagram, and now can try it in person.
The Aqua S softserve is famed for its blue-hued twirls on a cone, surrounded by a cloud of fluffy cotton candy and caramel popcorn.
The dreamlike blue has started a wave of other soft serve brands going multi-coloured as well.
The one thing special about Aqua S is that while the blue-coloured signature sea salt flavour remains as the only constant, there will be two NEW flavours rotating every 2 weeks. And they seldom repeat.
For the opening launch in Singapore, it is confirmed that the two flavours will be Lychee and Thai Tea.
That means you can order a single flavour (Sea-salt, Lychee or Thai Tea), or a Twisted flavour (Sea-salt & Lychee, or Sea-salt & Thai Tea) – priced at $6.40 which comes with a Black Waffle Cones, or $5.40 or $6.40 for a cup.
Extra toppings such as Toasted Marshmallow, Sweet Popcorn, Fairy Floss and Pop Rocks go additional 80 cents each.
I found that the Sea-salt flavour was just as good as what it tasted like in Sydney, creamy and milky with an alluring tinge of saltiness.
The colour though, did not look as blue, but was in a lighter shade, even close to Cyan.
Between the two NEW flavours, I much preferred the Lychee with its light, fruity taste – going well with the Sea-salt in terms of its balance.
The Thai Tea could have been stronger with a more obvious bitter-tea element.
(Click PLAY for highlights of Aqua S)
Here are 5 things to know about Aqua S:
1. Their signature sea salt flavour was dreamed up after a trip to the Japanese seaside town of Okinawa.
The owners wanted to recreate those happy moments and bring smiles to their customers.
2. The blue sea salt flavour is the only constant flavour. The “S” on “Aqua S” stands for sea salt.
3. New flavours are announced on the 1st and 16th of the month over their social media accounts.
4. To date, Aqua S has developed over 130 soft serve flavours. Some of the more recent ones include Tiramisu, Apple Cinnamon Pie, Peanut Butter, Thai Milk Tea, Snickers, Baileys, Milo, Pandan, Peanut Butter to Mango Raspberry.
5. The softserve can be included with toppings such as flame-grilled marshmallows, popping candy, and fairy floss.
Aqua S Singapore
#B1-01 Orchard Xchange (above Orchard MRT Station), 437 Orchard Road, Singapore 238878
Opening Hours: 10:00am – 10:00pm (Mon – Sun)
* This entry is brought to you in partnership with Aqua S.
September 19, 2018
September 19, 2018