Bangkok Michelin Guide 2018 – The Full List. Gaggan Receives 2 Stars, Street Food Hawker Jay Fai Gets 1
The inaugural Bangkok Michelin Guide has been announced, with 17 restaurants being given the coveted stars.
There were NO 3 Michelin stars given.
Innovative Indian restaurant Gaggan which was Asia’s 50 Best Restaurants’ Number 1 holder for 3 consecutive years, had 2 stars. Other 2 Michelin star were awarded to French restaurant Le Normandie and Japanese influenced Mezzaluna.
That means NO Thai restaurants in Bangkok were given 2 Michelin stars and above. (Let that sink in for a while.)
Street hawker Jay Fai who cooks up a mean-dish of Drunk Noodles at Mahachai Road, was awarded a star. Glad that I tried her signature Crab Omelette, including during my most recent trip.
The 1000 baht crab omelette from Jay Fai who is also known as “Sister Mole”.
There were also 33 Bib Gourmand recommendations, for “exceptionally good food at moderate prices”. Pad Thai eatery Thip Samai and Go-Ang Pratunum Chicken Rice were some of the popular choices listed.
Michelin Guide Bangkok 2018 – The Full List
Hot favourite Gaggan by Chef Gaggan Anand was awarded 2 Michelin stars.
– Gaggan (Innovative, Pathum Wan)
– Le Normandie (French contemporary, Bang Rak)
– Mezzaluna (Innovative, Bang Rak)
Bo.lan is helmed by Thai-born chef Duangporn ‘Bo’ Songvisava and Australian-born chef Dylan ‘Lan’ Jones.
Suhring restaurant is opened by twin German chefs Thomas and Mathias Suhring.
– Bo.lan (Thai, Vadhana)
– Chim by Siam Wisdom (Thai, Vadhana)
– Elements (French contemporary, Pathum Wan)
– Ginza Sushi Ichi (Sushi, Pathum Wan)
– J’AIME by Jean Michel Lorain (French contemporary, Sathon)
– L’Atelier de Joël Robuchon (French contemporary, Bang Rak)
– Nahm (Thai, Sathon)
– Paste (Thai, Pathum Wan)
– Saneh Jaan (Thai, Pathum Wan)
– Savelberg (French contemporary, Pathum Wan)
– Sra Bua by Kiin Kiin (Thai, Pathum Wan)
– Sühring (European contemporary, Yan Nawa)
– Upstairs at Mikkeller (Innovative)
– Jay Fai (Thai)
Michelin Guide hits the streets of Bangkok, and Pad Thai eatery Thipsamai received a Bib Gourmand nod.
– Ann Guay Tiew Kua Gai
– Baan Phadthai
– Baan Yai Phad Thai
– Baan Somtum (Sathon)
– Charoen Saeng Silom
– Elvis Suki (Soi Yotse)
– Go-Ang Kaomunkai Pratunam (Pratunum)
– Guay Jub Ouan Pochana
– Guay Tiew Kua Sai Suanmali
– Guay Tiew Moo Rung Rueang
– Hia Wan Khao Tom Pla
– Jay Oh
– Jok Prince
– Lay Lao
– Lim Lao Ngow (Chinatown)
– Khua Kling Pak Sod
– Krua Apsorn (Sam Sen)
– Nai Mong Hoi Thod
– Prai Raya
– Ruen Mallika (Sukhumvit 22)
– Sanguan Sri
– Sanyod (Sathon-Bang Rak)
– Soul Food Mahanakorn
– The Local
– Thip Samai Pad Thai
– Tung Sui Heng Pochana (Rama 4)
– Yentafo Convent
Pratunam famous chicken rice shop Go-Ang is listed in the Michelin Bangkok Bib Gourmand.
February 14, 2019