Délifrance Singapore – NEW Chicken Rendang Croissant Burger. Sedap nia!
Imagine your favourite Chicken Rendang sandwiched in a fluffy croissant?
Yes, it has come true. Délifrance Singapore has incorporated our popular local dish into their famed croissant… say “Hello” to the Chicken Rendang Croissant Burger
This Chicken Rendang Croissant Burger will only be around for a limited period from 23 May to 3 July 2017, also created as a form of celebration for the month of Ramadan.
Popular for its sandwich breads in croissant, baguette and ciabatta such as Egg D’vine, Seafood D’sire, Smoked Chicken Ham & Cheese and Chicken D’light, Délifrance Singapore has literally spiced up their offerings with this limited item.
Traditionally prepared by the Minangkabau folks in Indonesia, Rendang is often prepared by the Malay community during festive occasions using meat cooked in coconut milk and spices.
While there is a certain level of spiciness here, do not worry as it is still manageable yet still with a kick.
Here are 10 things about the Chicken Rendang Croissant Burger:
1. The Chicken Rendang Croissant Burger is made using the signature croissant at Délifrance.
2. The croissants are made with French butter and French flour.
3. The French flour is from France’s Grands Moulins De Paris flour miller.
4. There is a 27-layered honeycomb structure on the inside of the croissant to create certain flakiness in each bite.
5. The croissants are freshly baked throughout the day to ensure quality.
6. All Délifrance products are Halal-certified.
7. Each Chicken Rendang Croissant Burger is priced at $9.90
8. You can also get a $12.90 set which includes a Chicken Rendang Croissant Burger, 2 Pandan Madeleines and Orange Blossom Tea.
9. The set for two with 2 Croissant Burgers, 4 Pandan Madeleines and 2 cups of Orange Blossom Tea is priced at $25. Better value-for-money.
10. This special croissant burger is only available till 3 July 2017.
Sedap nia! The rendang chicken within the burger was tender and lemak, with a flavourful and rich coconut milk in the rendang sauce, enhanced with distinct lemongrass notes.
This is probably one of my personal favourite items from Délifrance Singapore, coupled with the fact that the rendang sauce was not overly- spicy in order to appreciate the different spices used.
Complete the meal with a soft, fragrant Pandan Madeleines and refreshing drink of Orange Blossom Tea.
North: Causeway Point (Woodlands), HDB Hub (Toa Payoh), United Square (Novena)
Northeast: The Seletar Mall
East: Parkway East Hospital (kiosk), Tampines Mall, One KM
Central: Chinatown Point, Clifford Centre, Coronation Plaza (bake-off), Gateway West, Gleneagles Hospital, KK Women’s And Children’s Hospital, Mount Elizabeth Hospital, Thomson Medical Centre, United Engineer Square
Southwest: Alexandra Retail Centre, NUH Medical Centre
West: Cold Storage Jelita, JEM, Lot One Shoppers Mall
* Written by Nicholas Tan @stormscape. This post is brought to you in partnership with Délifrance Singapore.
June 22, 2017
June 21, 2017