Opus Bar & Grill – Savour Dry Aged Steak, At $120 For 2 With FREE FLOW Wines At Hilton Singapore
This is for the steak lovers. Opus Bar & Grill at the Hilton Singapore offers one of the best dry aged beef around, and at value-for-money pricing for the quality you are getting.
Not even all steak houses in Singapore dry-age their own meats, and Opus is the first grill in Singapore to boost of a bespoke Himalayan salt-tiled aging cabinet.
(Click PLAY for highlights of Opus Grill)
So what does dry-aging do to beef?
Dry-aged beef typically has a more outstanding depth of flavour. The process allows natural enzymes present in the meat to work its magic by breaking down the muscle tissue, before the large cuts are being trimmed and cut into steaks.
This results in both improved texture and flavour, compared to say fresh beef.
Opus Bar & Grill dry ages their 800g OP rib for 14 to 36 days within their customized cabinets, before cooking the meats over an open-flame charcoal grill. The cabinet not only helps to deter bacterial growth, and also infuses the meat with a hint of Himalayan-salty notes.
Over at Opus, the Beef Selection includes the
– Signature 800g Ranger Valley Angus OP rib dry-aged, marble score 4 ($120 for 2 persons)
– 1 to 1.2kg Rangers Valley Angus T-Bone steak, marble score 3 ($120 for 2 persons)
– 220g Kobe Cuisine Australian Wagyu Rib-eye, marble score 6 ($92)
– 250g Grainge Angus 150 days grain-fed, Rib-eye ($58)
– 220g Grainge Angus 150 days grain-fed, Tenderloin ($62)
– 220g U.S Great Omaha, 100 days corn-fed ($68 for Sirloin, $88 for Rib-eye, $78 for Tenderloin $78)
If this would be your first time here, the dry-aged Rangers Valley Angus OP Rib with a Marble Score of 4 was the recommended favourite.
The grain-fed Australian prime cut was all-in-all flavourful, juicy and tender, complete with smokey flavour.
There are sauces such as béarnaise, garlic herb butter, black truffle & mushroom, green peppercorn, and bone marrow with red wine for accompaniments, but I would recommend savouring the melt-in-your mouth slices on their own for the initial few pieces.
In terms of price, the 800g meant for two diners was a sizable slab – which you could take your time to slowly appreciate during dinner. I don’t think you can get some portions of steak at this price in the town area.
Other than the main itself, sides are definitely important (to me at least) for a fulfilling steak meal.
They are reasonably priced at $6 each, and you can choose from Mac & Cheese, Garlic Mash Potato, Truffle Fries, Arugula with vine tomatoes and shaved parmesan, Baby Green Salad, Portobello Mushroom, Grilled Green Asparagus, and Smoked Risotto, Leek & Pecorino.
If you are not a steak person, there are other starters and mains such as the Tartar of Bluefin Tuna ($17), Tandoori Chicken Skewer ($16, $22), Roasted Sakura Chicken ($48 for 2), 36 Hours Pork Belly ($36), and sustainable seafood choices – cooked over the open-flame charcoal grill.
As if the flames on the grill are not enough, you can end the meal with a sweet treat of Bombe Alaksa ($14) flambé for a more dramatic effect, layered with cream cheese ice cream and mandarin orange sorbet below.
Opus Bar & Grill
Hilton Singapore Lobby Level, 581 Orchard Road Singapore 238883
Tel: +65 6730 3390
Email: [email protected]
Opening Hours: Dinner 6:30pm – 10:30pm (Mon – Sun)
Bar 10:00am – 12:00am (Mon – Sun)
Opus Bar & Grill “Steak and Wine” Promo
With any order of Opus prime cuts from $58 onwards, enjoy either
– A 2-hour free flow of sparkling, white and red wines from Sunday to Thursday or
– 50% OFF selected wine by the bottle on Friday and Saturday.
Opus Bar & Grill NEW Super Trio
Pricing: $133++ (serves two persons), includes:
1. 500g Australian Westholme Wagyu Sirloin +
2. 500g whole live MSC Boston Lobster served with homemade Harissa dip +
3. Special Wine Package – 2 hours free flow of wines (Sun to Thu); OR 50% off on selected wine by the bottle (Fri & Sat)
Opus X DanielFoodDiary Promo Code “DFDOPUS30”
Get TWO complimentary sides for first 30 bookings with order of the new Opus Super Trio.
Terms & Conditions:
– 1 redemption per table
– Advance reservation required. Quote promo code “DFDOPUS30” to utilize.
– Applicable to direct booking to hotel
– Valid from Sunday until Wednesday
– Subject to availability
* This entry is brought to you in partnership with Hilton Singapore.
Patbingsoo Korean Dining House – 50% OFF Korean Bingsoo & Quick Bites Weekday Teatime, Plus Weekday Lunch Time Dining Deals
June 21, 2018
June 21, 2018