“Rainbow” KOKA Chilli & Lime Noodles. My Noodles Is More Colourful & Healthier Than Yours
People are consuming all sorts of ‘rainbow food’, so I was inspired to come up with this – Rainbow Noodles, the more natural way.
The logic is simple. Combine fresh vegetables of varied colours with Koka Purple Wheat Noodles and we are IN for a healthy treat.
The purple colour in KOKA Purple Wheat Noodles comes from its ingredients, purple wheat and purple corn. The deep pigmentation is due to the presence of Anthocyanins, the same antioxidants as those found in bilberries and blueberries. So all natural.
The power of PURPLE.
Previously, I did up a recipe of KOKA PURPLE Wheat Noodles, Aglio Olio with Shrimp & Chilli.
This Rainbow” KOKA Chilli & Lime Salmon Noodles has three special features:
– It is colourful and kids should enjoy having this ‘vege’ meal too.
– Due to the presence of chili and lime in the seasoning, it may remind you subtly of Thai flavours.
– The noodles can be kept in the fridge, and eaten like a salad cold. How convenient!
“Rainbow” KOKA Chilli & Lime Salmon Noodles Ingredients
2 packets KOKA Purple Wheat Noodles Chilli & Lime Noodles
1 salmon fillet (Or you can use other meats such as chicken breast, chicken thigh, cod fish etc to your preference)
Red chilli, shredded
Yellow capsicum, shredded
Spring onions, shredded
Purple cabbage, shredded
1 teaspoon sesame oil
Optional: 1 piece of lime
1. Marinate salmon fillet with half a packet of KOKA Purple Wheat Noodles Chilli & Lime seasoning mix.
2. Preheat oven fill to 220 degrees, then grill salmon for 6-8 minutes (or just cooked through).
3. Cook KOKA Purple Wheat Noodles in boiling water for 2-3 minutes.
4. Drain noodles and set aside.
5. Toss drained noodles with Chilli & Lime seasoning mix and sesame oil.
6. Add and toss shredded red chilli, carrots, purple cabbage, spring onions.
7. Top with grilled salmon.
8. Optional: Squeeze a touch of lime juice. Serve and enjoy!
Already salivating just looking at this…
If you like your cold soba, the tip is to try having this KOKA PURPLE Wheat Noodles salad style (without the grilled salmon). You can prepare the noodles beforehand, store them in a tupperware to be refrigerated, and enjoy your food for lunch or dinner.
Here Are 10 Healthy Facts About KOKA Purple Wheat Noodles
1. The noodles are steam-cooked and baked fat-free (instead of deep-frying).
2. There is no added MSG, preservatives or artificial colouring.
3. These noodles have less than 5% of fat content (compared to the average 20% found in some other noodle brands).
4. The KOKA Purple Wheat Noodles is the FIRST and ONLY instant noodles loaded with natural antioxidants.
5. The presence of anthocyanins in KOKA Purple Wheat Noodles has been tested to contain as much as 2800 micromoles of Antioxidant activity per 100 grams (more than blueberries, blackberries, strawberries and raspberries).
6. The purple colour comes from its two key ingredients – purple wheat and purple corn.
7. The luscious hue of the Purple Wheat is due to the presence of Anthocyanins, the same antioxidants as those found in bilberries and blueberries.
8. Considered a superfood, Purple Corn’s also has a high Anthocyanin content, 4 times that of blueberries.
9. Has a higher wholegrain content.
10. Endorsed by the Health Promotion Board as a Healthier Choice product.
* To find out more about KOKA and their wide range of healthy and delicious products, check out their Facebook page here: https://www.facebook.com/TheOfficialKOKA/
* This entry is brought to you in partnership with KOKA Purple Wheat Noodles.
10 Instagrammable Desserts In Singapore. Plus 10 Instagram Tips To Take Your #FoodPorn Shots To The Next Level
October 21, 2017
Edge – Theatrical Sunday Champagne Brunch, With Unlimited Veuve Clicquot Champagne. PROMO For DFD Readers
October 20, 2017