Homemade Rainbow ‘Bingsu’ with MARIGOLD Non Fat Yoghurt
Having Korean Bingsu in a café is a popular food trend in Singapore that looks like it is here to stay for a while.
While having a ‘Rainbow Bingsu’ one day, I thought “Why not try making some at home?”
The most basic ingredient for bingsu is shaved ice with milk, topped with sweetened red bean, fruits, nuts and condensed milk or syrup.
Am going for healthy… so this home-made version has milk and condensed milk/syrup replaced by MARIGOLD Non Fat Mixed Berries Yoghurt.
There are a few ways of doing so. You can …
1) freeze a mixture of water and MARIGOLD Non Fat Mixed Berries Yoghurt (1 cup water with 2 tablespoon yoghurt)
2) freeze milk and the yoghurt (in similar proportions) until they become ice blocks, OR
3) add the yoghurt to ice only while blending.
– MARIGOLD Non Fat Yoghurt (I chose Mixed Berries flavour)
– Toppings, can include fruits such as strawberries, mandarin oranges, pineapple/mango, green grapes, and almond nuts. Optional: gooseberry.
– Put ice blocks into a food processor or shaved ice machine.
– Add 2 Tbsp of MARIGOLD Non Fat Mixed Berries Yoghurt. Feel free to choose other flavours such as peach & mango, strawberry, blueberry or aloe vera. Alternatively, you can freeze the yoghurt with water/water into ice then blend
– Grind the ice for about 30-50 seconds.
– Or till the mixture has a snow-like smooth texture.
– Empty the ice mixture into a chilled serving bowl.
– Arrange the fruits in order of your preference.
– The Rainbow fruit ‘Bingsu’ is ready.
– As an option, drizzle some yoghurt on top and include a gooseberry for further decoration.
You may ask… isn’t this “ice kachang”? Well… kind of.
Having yoghurt blended with ice gives the shavings a fruity taste, slight creamy consistency.
I chose not to add any ice cream or syrups into this bingsu to keep it healthier. Of course, feel free to top it up with a scoop of ice cream if you enjoy that additional creaminess.
Quite a shiok dessert to have this during the hot weather, right in the comfort of your home.
About MARIGOLD Yoghurt
MARIGOLD Yoghurt comes in both Low Fat (blue coloured packaging) and Non Fat (green coloured packaging).
MARIGOLD Non Fat Yoghurt is available in 6 delightful flavours – Natural No Sugar Added, Mixed Berries, Peach Mango, Strawberry, Blueberry and Aloe Vera.
What’s more, MARIGOLD Yoghurt is packed with Probiotic Cultures and Calcium, blended together with the taste of real fruit chunks (only the fruited ones) to get your daily boost of Probiotics for a healthy digestive system.
If you are looking for more MARIGOLD Yoghurt recipes, look out here http://www.marigold.com.sg/recipes_yoghurt.html
Local celebrity Chef Eric Teo has also contributed recipes, which includes MARIGOLD Fruit Salad Yoghurt Cheese Cake, Tandoori Chicken with MARIGOLD Yoghurt. Have fun experimenting!
* This entry is brought to you in partnership with MARIGOLD.
June 25, 2017
June 22, 2017