MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH Select Momo – The Taste Of Japanese Peaches and First Love
モモ Momo? You will fall in love with this new drink in town.
Sweet, fruity, lovely juice made with pink… Japanese Momo.
You may have noticed the newly launched premium range MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH Select Momo juice in the local supermarkets (usually it is placed just next to the popular MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH Select Yuzu) with a distinct white and pink packaging.
Japanese peaches are also known as “Momo”, which have fuzzy pink skin with luscious white flesh. They are usually larger, softer and much more expensive than the other yellow-fleshed peaches.
In this hotter than hot weather, an iced cold Momo juice with its sweet nectary taste is indeed a cup of refreshness.
I got inspired to makes these Japanese-style Fruit Jellies after seeing them at the supermarkets. (And boy, buying a few cups can be so expensive.) These are surprisingly easy to make, and you can customise by adding different fruits of your own liking.
Japanese Momo Fruit Jelly Recipe
– 1 litre MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH SELECT Momo
– 1 packet Konnyaku jelly powder
– Canned or cut fruits (In this instance, I used canned peaches since Momo fruits are not yet in season.)
– Prepare ingredients of Momo juice, konnyaku jelly powder and canned fruits
– Pour the entire packet of Momo juice into the pot under medium heat.
– Gradually add in konnyaku jelly powder into a pot of boiling juice.
– Stir well until the mixture is dissolved (approx. 8 minutes)
– Place bite-sized cut pieces of fruits into mould
– Pour the konnyaku solution into the mould
– Refrigerate for at least 1-2 hours
– Serve chilled. (Can serve 8-10)
Note: Most konnyaku jelly recipes would require the addition of sugar, but I find the juice already has some sweetness and so left the sugar out.
I made them in the evening, left the jellies overnight and had them in the next morning. They make great summer desserts, and you can taste the Japanese momo fruitiness right in the jelly itself. Plus no additional colourings needed.
Konnayaku jelly has no fat, is low in calorie and rich in dietary fiber, and you will find that the texture is firmer and springier.
I have also tried another version with different fruits (peach and strawberries).
In addition, I added the fruit jelly at the bottom of the cup, and pour chilled MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH SELECT Momo juice over.
Alternate between scoops of Momo jelly and Momo juice. Oishii!
The MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH SELECT Momo juice is made from pure Japanese momo puree from the Yamanashi Prefecture, Japan. Yamanashi is known to be the largest producer of Japanese momo due to its abundant sunlight and good natural weather.
The juice is high in Vitamins A, C and E, with every sip charming you with the true taste of Japan, sweet and unforgettable.
MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH SELECT Momo is available in 1L pack at $3.25, in all hypermarkets, supermarkets, selected convenience stores, petrol marts, minimarts and provision stores.
Fall in love again.
* This entry is brought to you in partnership with MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH.
September 19, 2018
September 19, 2018