10 Things To Do With Canned Sardines. These Capitaine Spicy Sambal and Tangy Assam Sardines Are Shiok!
Sardines are rich in nutrients, found to support cardiovascular health, have one of the most concentrated sources of the omega-3 fatty acids EPA and DHA, which can help to lower triglycerides and cholesterol levels.
What do you do with canned sardines?
Take them off the can and eat them straight away? Here are 9 Things You Can Do With Canned Capitaine Sardines.
1. Sardines with cream cheese on bread
Pick your favourite fruits and vegetables, spread some Laughing Cow cream cheese, add a Capitaine Sardine and that makes a quick nutricious meal.
2. Sardine Open-Faced Sandwich
Similarly, top a slice of whole-wheat toast with sardine, some sliced eggs and nuts, you can drizzle with some olive oil, then toast.
3. Sardine with Meat Patty Muffin Burger
When your chicken or pork patty is not enough, add some spicy sambal sardine for that fiery zest for your burger.
4. Sardines With Japanese Rice
Usually you can pair Japanese rice with tuna, mackerel or sashimi, but some Sardine in Tangy Assam Sauce added with sliced cabbage also makes a healthy and equally satisfying meal.
5. Sardines With Claypot Rice
Something more local. Instead of braised chicken and sausages, why not try it with some Assam Sardine which I would encourage you to mix into the rice for extra flavours.
6. Salad with Sardines
Can’t find the smoked salmon or tuna in the fridge. Salads and sardines could work. Tip: Add sambal sauce from the can to mayonnaise for a creamy sambal sauce to drizzle over your salad. If you are going healthier, olive oil will do.
7. Sardines Pizza
Other than the familiar tomato-based, a localised spicy sambal sardine pizza works really well, and can be prepared and be ready in under 15 minutes. (Recipe below)
8. Tangy Assam Pasta
This is one of my favourites, and I was inspired by my mum’s mee goreng.Basically the sauce can come from the sardine can, which you can toss with cooked pasta. So simple. (Recipe below
9. Sardine Pasta Bake
An additional step from the above. Bake the pasta with some mozzarella cheese, which you can bring to the next potluck or dinner party. (Recipe below)
10. Add Sardines To Instant Noodles
Need to ’jia liao’ to upgrade your instant noodles? These sardines will lend some spiciness to the broth.
Ingredients for Capitaine Spicy Sambal Sardines Pizza
1 pizza base
1 tbsp of Spicy Sambal Sauce from the Capitaine Sardines can
Toppings: Capitaine sardines.
Optional toppings: Sliced cooked bacon, fresh rocket leaves, mushroom, beetroot
Cooking Method for Capitaine Spicy Sambal Sardines Pizza
1. Preheat oven to 250°C.
2. Spread pizza base with Spicy Sambal Sauce.
3. Sprinkle over mozzarella cheese to evenly cover the base.
4. Lay Capitaine sardines over the pizza base evenly.
6. Add some more mozzarella cheese on the top.
7. Place pizza in the oven for 8-10 minutes until the cheese is melted and base is crispy.
8. Remove from oven then top with rocket leaves and beetroot.
Ingredients for Capitaine Tangy Assam Sardines Pasta and Pasta Bake
– Pasta 400g
– Capitaine Sardines
– Mozzarella cheese
– Onion, garlic
– Olive oil
Instructions for Capitaine Sardines Pasta and Pasta Bake
1. Sauté onion and garlic with olive oil, then add Tangy Assam Sauce from the Capitaine Sardines.
2. Add Capitaine Sardines, break the sardines up to small pieces.
3. Toss with the cooked pasta.
4. Pasta is ready to be served.
5. Alternatively (for the pasta bake), you can transfer pasta to a baking dish.
6. Further top with Capitaine Sardine, portion to your liking.
7. Add more mozzarella cheese on the top.
6. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180°C for about 15 minutes or until cheese melts to golden brown.
Capitaine Sardines are distributed by Dynamic Ocean Pte Ltd which is a experienced manufacturer and supplier of canned and packed seafood.
Their Sardines are available in both Spicy Sambal and Tangy Assam flavours.
The sambal is made from a variety of chilli peppers, and the sauce is suitable for dipping or used as a base sauce for cooking (such as pizza and pasta dishes).
The sweet, spicy and sour Tangy Assam complements fishes, and I found it a great to be paired with plainer food such as rice.
* Capitaine sardines are now available in select outlets of FairPrice Finest, FairPrice and FairPrice Extra. For more information and recipes, and you can visit www.dynamicocean.com and https://www.facebook.com/capitainefoods
* This entry is brought to you in partnership with Capitaine Foods.
MEET The NEW Julie’s Wafers – Chocolate Hazelnut Cream-Filled Wafer Cubes. Plus WIN A Trip To Malacca
July 27, 2017
Singapore Coffee Festival 2017 – More Than 70 Cafes & Exhibitors At One Place, At Marina Bay Cruise Centre
July 25, 2017