Jenny Bakery Singapore – Hong Kong’s Famous Cookie Shop At Ang Mo Kio
Another queue. Jenny Bakery, THE hand-made butter cookies brand from Hong Kong has opened its first Singapore shop at Ang Mo Kio Ave 3 Blk 422.
An inconspicuous location, small shop space. People walk in with cash and walk out with tins.
The cookies continue to get sold out from time to time. Occasionally, there are “We Need To Go Home Early” Sale where less popular items are given a few dollars discount.
Check their Facebook for updates.
We got our hands on a tin, without much difficulty (now). Frankly, the pieces were quite melt-in-your-mouth buttery rich; while my favourite was the coffee with a faint fragrance. Could imagine this going extremely well with hot tea.
However, after the 3rd or 4th piece, I thought I was quite done with it, and had a tickling on the throat. (So my dear friends, if you have it at home or in the office, I will be happy to have a piece or two. But you don’t have to get this for me during Christmas.)
Here are 10 interesting things about Jenny Bakery.
1. The bakery is so popular that it sells more 5,000 boxes of butter cookies a day in Hong Kong.
2. Monthly revenue of Jenny Bakery can be as much as HK$2 million.
3. The 8 Mix Nuts Cookies tin in Hong Kong consist of Coffee Almond, Cashew, Almond Poppy Seed, Walnut, Chocolate, Hazelnut Macadamia, Pistachio, and Kenari. Most popular flavours are the Original Butter Flower and Coffee Flower. (Singapore will not carry the 8 Mix yet.)
4. Rumour has it that Chief Executive of Hong Kong Leung Chun-ying serves Jenny Bakery’s cookies to VIPs.
5. There are only two Jenny Bakery shops in Hong Kong: Tsim Sha Tsui (Shop 24 Ground Floor, Mirador Mansion, 54-64B Nathan Road) and Sheung Wan (15 Wing Wo Street)
6. Hong Kong has a 3 tin quota to discourage reselling in the black market.
7. Singapore also has a quota of 3 tins.
8. A 2 Mix Butter Cookies Large (640g) cost HKD$130 (SGD$23.40).
9. The black market selling price on Taobao can go as high as 200 yuan (SGD$43.85) a box, and …
10. Singapore is selling the large at SGD$45 per tin! *gasp* That is almost double the original price.
And to add on, the large Coffee tin is priced at SGD$50. (Maybe the cookies travelling by Business Class over.)
So is this a Yes or No?
Jenny Bakery Singapore
Blk 422, Ang Mo Kio Ave 3, #01-2534, Singapore 560422 (10 min walk from Ang Mo Kio MRT)
Operating Hours: 11am – 8pm (Tues – Sat), 12pm – 6pm (Sun, PH), Closed Mon
Other Related Entries
Dim Sum Icon Gudetama Dim Sum (Hong Kong)
10 Must Eat Food In Hong Kong
10 Best Dim Sum Restaurants In Hong Kong
10 Must Go Places In Hong Kong For Sweet Treats
Hello Kitty Chinese Cuisine (Hong Kong)
October 22, 2016
October 21, 2016
October 19, 2016