10 Things You May Not Know About Yuzu + 5 Ways To Use MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH Select Yuzu
Believe it or not, I do think that Yuzu is going to be next big fruit to look out for, if it already isn’t. Celebrity chefs such as Jamie Oliver are using them; and we see yuzu being incorporated in drinks, dressings, jams and desserts. Yuzu cake and yuzu drinks anyone?
Refreshing, alluring, zesty – this is how I would describe the taste.
Many of my friends are fans of the MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH Select Yuzu drink. My personal best way to have it, especially in this hot staggering weather, is to have a glass ICED COLD.
I don’t know about you, but this drink somehow has a calming effect. (Should be because the Japanese use yuzu fruits in baths.)
Yuzus are traditionally used in Japanese baths for its beauty and medicinal effects.
Yuzu trees in a yuzu farm in Kochi, Japan.
10 Things You May Not Know About Yuzu
– Yuzu contains 3 times more Vitamin C than a lemon.
– Just 100g of Yuzu has 150mg of Vitamin C.
– So one glass of 250ml MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH Select Yuzu can provide 100% of the daily requirement of Vitamin C.
– Yuzu also contains Vitamin P which helps Vitamin C absorption and promote healthy blood flow.
– Yuzu has been produced in Kochi Prefecture, Japan for more than 1300 years. That is 13 centuries if you think about it.
– The Kochi Prefecture alone accounts for 50% of yuzu production as the climate is favourable for yuzu production – warm in the day and chilly at night.
Favourable climate condition and fertile soil give the most fragrant yuzus!
– Most of the Japanese farmers still use manual harvesting and sorting, with little chemicals in farming.
– Japanese use Yuzu fruits for three main purposes: cooking, hot bathing and medicinal.
– Yuzu is used in Japanese baths and perfumes as its oil component ‘nomilin’ helps the body relax and blood to circulate better.
– Yuzu which is an integral part of Ponzu sauce, is one of the few citrons in the world that can maintain its sourness at high temperatures.
As to why MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH Select Yuzu has that unique citrusy meets sweet floral taste, the drink is made from pure squeezed Yuzu juice directly imported from the Kochi island of Japan.
Select Yuzu Juice enhances the flavour of yuzu cheese cake!
5 Ways To Use MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH Select Yuzu
– Drink it on its own.
– Pair with such as a Yuzu cheese cake or Japanese matcha mont blanc. Super.
– For a relaxing afternoon tea-time snack, try Yuzu juice with cookies.
– Make a Yuzu Cocktail. Add the juice drink with soda and ice cubes in a glass. Ta-dah.
– If you are planning a on home-made salad dressing, some Yuzu juice will add that zest. (Jamie Oliver uses Yuzu juice for an Asian seafood salad.)
Japanese matcha mont blanc paired with Select Yuzu Juice, my indulgence without flying to Japan.
MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH SELECT Yuzu is available in 250ml, 1L and the new 1.89L pack sizes, in all hypermarkets, supermarkets, selected convenience stores.
Tingles the palate with Select Yuzu Juice.
* This entry is brought to you by MARIGOLD PEEL FRESH SELECT Yuzu. Selected photos provided by MARIGOLD Singapore.
January 19, 2017
January 14, 2017