10 Things You May Not Know About Ben & Jerry’s
Ben & Jerry’s has opened a Flagship Scoop Shop at 313 Somerset Discovery Walk (FREE CONE DAY on 14th Apr from 12-8pm at Somerset, Vivovity and Dempsey). I can just imagine the need for some cold and rich ice cream when walking along their stretch of Orchard Road, which does get very hot.
Love it or hate it? Ben & Jerry’s had worked as my during-exam or post-breakup food, which I can finish a pint easily while watching TV. I am of course, a lot more careful now with my expanding waistline.
Thank you food artist Samantha Lee who has honoured to be my hand model.
Here are 10 Things You May Not Know About Ben & Jerry’s (Singapore edition)
1. Ben Cohen and Jerry Greenfield originally wanted to start a bagel shop but gave that idea up due to the high cost.
2. Top 10 Flavours for 2014 are Half Baked, Cherry Garcia, Chocolate Chip Cookie Dough (this is my fav), Chocolate Fudge Brownie, Phish Food, Strawberry Cheesecake, Coffee Toffee Bar Crunch, Chunky Monkey, Americone Dream and Peanut Butter Cup. What’s your favourite?
3. There is a graveyard for discontinued ice cream flavours for fans to pay respects. What?! (The graveyard is located at Waterbury Vermont.) Say your goodbyes to Peanuts Popcorn and Chocolate Comfort, well, for you to find comfort.
4. Some of the flavours highest in calories include 360 for Peanut Butter Cup (1/2 cup, ¼ of the pint), 340 for Chubby Hubby, and 300 for New York Super Fudge Chunk.
5. To burn off those 360 calories, you can walk for 94 min, jog for 41 min, swim for 30 min or cycle for 48 min. Worth it or not?
6. Tokyo’s Scoop Shop features a flavour lab for exclusive favours. I am so eyeing the Maccha Green Tea Ice Cream with Caramelized Pecans.
7. Singapore’s flagship Scoop Shop has an expanded menu with 18 ice cream flavours.
8. The newer flavours included Red Velvet, Hazed & Confused, Salted Caramel, That’s My Jam, Chocolate Therapy and Couch Potato. (Though you may not find all there.)
9. While the Teh Peng Siu Dai flavour was an April’s Fool joke, I spotted a Nice Kacang flavour at the 313 shop – peanut butter ice cream with fudge flakes, chocolate nougat and salty pretzel swirls.
10. For the Singapore shop, bakery items like brownies and cookies and herbs like mint are supplied by social enterprises.
Ben & Jerry’s 313 Somerset
313 Orchard Road, Unit #01-25/25A, [email protected] Discovery Walk Singapore 238895
December 11, 2018
COSMO Restaurant & Wine Bar – Under-The-Radar Modern European Restaurant At Orchard, $38 For 5-Course Set Menu
December 08, 2018