PHILADELPHIA New York-Style Sour Cream Cheesecake Recipe
Bring a cheese cake which is all beautiful, creamy, and lush to a party, and everybody could be talking about it. Have you considered making your own?
This is a simple cheesecake recipe you can follow: New York Cheesecake meets Philadelphia Cream Cheese, a classic pairing of cheese cake with biscuit crust base, plus deliciously sweetened sour cream layer.
I brought this exact one to office, and was such a happy feeling to see your colleagues savour bite after bite.
They commented that the texture was smooth and not too heavy, unlike many other cheesecakes which may feel too ‘jelak’ (particularly rich). One of them even wanted to ‘tabao’ a piece for her kid to try as cheese cake is her favourite.
The steps are simple, but results can be quite impressive!
PHILADELPHIA New York-Style Sour Cream Cheesecake
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Block, softened – 250g x 2 blocks
Sourcream – 2 cups
Digestive biscuits – 1 cup
Butter (unsalted) – 250g
Brown Sugar – 20g
White Sugar – 150g
Eggs, lightly beaten – 2
Fresh strawberries sliced, blueberries and mint leaves for garnishing
1. Pre-heat oven to 150°C
2. Line pan with foil, with ends of foil extending over sides (if you are using a usual baking tray). Alternatively, many cheesecake recipes and hacks suggest wrapping foil outside the baking. This is so as to prevent the outer layer from over-heating, and prevent water from seeping in if using a water bath during bake.
3. Mix digestive biscuits, butter and 20g brown sugar
4. Press biscuit crumbs and butter base onto bottom of pan. Chill.
5. Beat PHILLY cream cheese, 100g white sugar with mixer until blended.
6. Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating on low speed after each just until blended.
7. Pour mixture over crust.
8. Bake 60 min at 150°C or until center is almost set.
9. Mix 2 cups sour cream with remaining 50g sugar until dissovled; carefully spread over cheesecake. Bake 10-15 min or until set.
10. Refrigerate 3 hours.
11. Use foil handles to lift cheesecake from pan (if you are using a normal baking pan – see below), before cutting to serve.
12. Top with strawberries, blueberries and mint.
Some tips on making Cream Cheese Cake
Tip 1: Take the cream cheese out from the refrigerator at least an hour before mixing into the ingredients. This will allow ingredients to blend well together.
Tip 2: Try to beat the cream cheese with a paddle attachment and not the whip. If too much air is incorporated while whipping, there may be cracks on the cheesecake.
Tip 3: Many bakers told me not to bake the cheesecake to overly high heat, and I use 150°C for my oven. However, note that oven varies and baking temperature and timing needs personal adjustments.
Tip 4: If you are using a baking pan, line it with aluminium foil. This is one of the best ways to ensure that tha bakes don’t stick to the pan, especially on the edges. Make sure the foil extends out. When baking is done, you can use the foil handles to ‘lift’ the cake from the pan.
Tip 5: You can use a water bath to regulate the baking temperature of the cheesecake, ensuring that the air around is moist, and prevent the top of the cake from drying out. If you do that, wrap foil around the baking tin to prevent water from seeping in.
Some of my friends who bake (even the professional ones) always recommend the original PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese Block.
PHILADELPHIA Cream Cheese is great to cook with, not just because it’s rich and creamy but because of its versatility and dependability. Bakers use them in in all kinds of bakes such as cookies, muffins, cheesecakes and desserts of puddings and parfaits.
There are many recipes on www.phillycom.au or www.philadelphia.co.uk that would be interesting to try. Have fun with experiment and making your Christmas bakes with Philadelphia cream cheese! Let me know when you do bake one.
* This post is brought to you in partnership with Philadelphia Cream Cheese.
10 Must-Try Chinatown Complex Food Centre Hawker Stalls, Before They Close For Renovations From March
February 23, 2019
Halal Chinese Beef Noodles 清真中國牛肉麵食館 – Halal Taiwanese Beef Noodles In Taipei, With Michelin Bib Gourmand
February 20, 2019