Homemade Pizza Creations with Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus
What’s your favourite pizza? Many of you may quickly say Hawaiian – love those ham, pineapple and cheese. The classic Hawaiian Pizza is a family favourite, and probably one of the simplest to make.
Actually, I never thought of making pizzas, because it seems cumbersome and difficult to get right. Then, I remembered Perfect Italiano who can give your home-cooked meals an Italian flair, and is really simple and easy to use.
Their Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus Cheese’s special feature is that it is a unique blend of three cheeses – Mozzarella for stretch, Cheddar for a bolder flavour and Parmesan for bite.
This is ideal for making pizzas (and other similar baked snacks) because the cheese melts and stretches to perfection without getting oily, ensuring delicious pizza every time.
Let me also tell you the benefits of making your own pizzas: You can customise and add any toppings you want, and could be a good way to use up some unused ingredients in the fridge, like a single piece of ham.
Ingredients for Hawaiian Pizza
1 pizza base
2-3 tbsp of tomato paste (can use tomato based pasta sauce)
Pineapple, sliced (fresh or canned)
Cooked ham, sliced
Handful of fresh rocket leaves or spinach
Other toppings can include mushroom, bacon, capsicum
Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus
Salt & black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 250°C.
2. Spread pizza base with tomato paste (Make sure you leave some space around the edges with no sauce)
3. Then sprinkle over Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus to evenly cover the base
4. Lay the slices of pineapple and ham in an even manner trying not to overlap the slices
5. Season with some salt and black pepper
6. Add some Perfect Italiano Pizza Plus on the top
7. Place pizza in the oven for 10-15 minutes until the cheese is melted and base is crispy, remove from oven then top with rocket leaves or spinach
8. Cut and serve.
Preparation Time: 5-10 minutes
Cooking Time: 15 minutes
Ta-dah! Here’s my cute little Hawaiian Pizza. I was surprised that the colour turned out quite right, the golden-yellow I wanted. The cheese had an easy chewy pull, not overly stretchy which makes cutting easy, and eating fun.
At the same time, I wanted to try another flavour and made a Japanese Mentaiko Seafood Pizza.
The method of making remains similar. I just used a mentaiko based sauce, with ingredients of shrimps, crab chunks and Pizza Plus. Simple.
This pizza was a hit with my family. The combination of mentaiko, cheese and seafood worked really well together.
Feel free to explore and experiment with different toppings and sauces.
You can also go to Perfect Italiano’s website www.perfectitaliano.com.sg/recipes to try out some of their recipes which are easy to follow, and easily enjoyed by everyone. Let me know the results. If you happen to instagram them, do hashtag your food creations with #perfectitalianosg.
* This entry is brought to you by Perfect Italiano. The Perfect Italiano cheeses are available at leading supermarkets. For more recipes and videos, visit the Perfect Italiano website at http://perfectitaliano.com.sg/recipes
Takumi by Sushiro – Affordable Chirashi Don Shop At Thomson Plaza Opens Gyudon Concept. $12 Per Bowl
February 19, 2017
February 04, 2017