10 Things You May Not Know About VITAGEN. Be Surprised!
VITAGEN is one of those drinks that I have consumed since young, for its sweet tasty flavours, its health benefits (remember those TV ads that go L-something-something), and cute bottles (which I used to put paper clips in).
Remember “V for VITAGEN”?
While I still continued to drink them, sometimes while working, sometimes a bottle after a swim, I never really found out about them.
10 Things You May Not Know About VITAGEN
1. VITAGEN is introduced in Singapore in … 1977! That was 37 years ago.
2. VITAGEN is made by fermenting skim milk.
3. The flavours that you see… grape, apple and peach, are made by using real fruit juice. (My favourite is the purple grape, what’s yours?)
4. Each bottle contains BILLIONS of live probiotic cultures.
5. These cultures are specially imported from Denmark (from Chr. Hansen’s Laboratories).
6. It is the only cultured milk drink in Singapore that is high in prebiotic fibre (dietary fibre). Each bottle consists of 7.5g of prebiotic fibre.
7. One bottle of VITAGEN Less Sugar contributes approximately 28% of one’s person daily dietary fibre intake.
8. VITAGEN Less Sugar has at least 50% less sugar than regular cultured milk drinks.
9. VITAGEN Less Sugar is fat free and does not contain any preservatives.
10. The packets can also be delivered directly to your doorstep.
I didn’t know about that! You can actually subscribe to the Home Delivery Service at $3.05 per pack, inclusive of 7% GST. (Online delivery www.VITAGEN.com.sg for more details.) Otherwise, you can always get the packets of 5 bottles from supermarkets, convenience stores, and petrol kiosks.
You can make it a habit to have a bottle of VITAGEN regularly after heavy meals.
True story. After returning from work overseas, I was starting to feel some stomach upset, churning within, and well…emm… diarrhoea. It wasn’t a serious tummy ache, but it just didn’t feel too good.
Thankfully, I found a bottle of VITAGEN in the fridge, took it, and felt much better afterwards.
One of the causes of diarrhoea could be a disturbance in intestinal bacterial level, and the live probiotic cultures in VITAGEN could help bring the level of good bacteria back to normal.
You may have seen their ads on TV, on how live probiotic cultures (Lactobacillus acidophilus and Lactobacillus casei) helps to maintain a healthy digestive system.
I know of friends who tend to eat outside frequently, and some food can be quite oily and unhealthy. Resisting temptation is difficult, but managing your digestive health isn’t.
Cultured milk drinks like VITAGEN can be consumed at any time of the day. But do you know when the best time to have them is?
Half an hour after meal.
You can have a bottle daily, say after a filling breakfast. The stomach’s acidity is lower after a meal, and therefore less probiotic cultures are destroyed by gastric juices and bile. Because of that, more live probiotic cultures can reach the intestines to fight harmful bacteria, and also help to maintain a desirable balance of beneficial bacteria in the digestive system.
Another time which I like to drink VITAGEN is, when I feel sleepy in class and need a mental boost. Try it, it works!
*This post is brought to you in partnership with VITAGEN. Visit www.VITAGEN.com.sg for more information.
Spuds and Aprons – 10 Reasons To Visit This Hilltop Destination You Probably Didn’t Know About. Enjoy 10% OFF with UnionPay Cards
December 07, 2016
PARKROYAL on Pickering – Indulgent Christmas Buffet with Wagyu Beef, Lobster Bisque and Chocolate Yuzu Log
December 06, 2016
December 04, 2016