Recipe – Handmade Meatballs with Tasty Cheesy Toppings
Consider this my personal challenge – to make meatballs at home. Yes, I know you can get them from the supermarkets and Swedish restaurants, but I guess nothing beats the homemade ones.
There are many recipes from the Perfect Italiano website, which allows you to search by Food Category (appetizers, soups, breakfast, healthy meals, meat, fish, pasta and pizza), by Types of Cheese (mozzarella, parmesan, perfect bakes, pizza plus), or keywords). Very convenient.
Recipe of Meatballs with Cheesy Toppings
1. 1 onion, finely chopped
2. 2 cloves garlic, crushed
3. 1 tblsp water
4. 700ml tomato pasta sauce
5. 1 tspn sugar
6. 500g minced pork
7. 1 egg, lightly beaten
8. 50g dried breadcrumbs
9. Crusty bread to serve
10. 300g Grated Perfect Italiano Mozzarella
11. Salt & pepper to taste
Instructions (Preparation time 30 minutes, Cooking time 40 minutes)
1. Heat a nonstick heavy based frypan and cook the onion and garlic with the water until onion is soft and transparent.
2. Add tomato sauce and sugar to remaining mixture in pan and simmer, uncovered for 15-20 minutes until slightly thickened.
3. Combine remaining cooled onion mixture with minced pork, egg, and breadcrumbs, then season with salt and pepper.
4. Roll tablespoons of mixture into balls. Place on a baking tray and bake at 200°C for 15 minutes or until cooked through.
5. Transfer meatballs and sauce to an ovenproof baking dish and sprinkle with Perfect Italiano Grated Cheese. Return to the oven for 15-20 minutes or until cheese has melted.
– You can choose to add other ingredients such as water chestnut, parsley and carrots.
– Try modifying to use a combination of beef and pork meat.
– Add some tomato sauce and salad on the side.
There you have it, Handmade Meatballs with Tasty Cheesy Toppings!
I could have just bought the meatballs off the shelves, but making it your own allows you to choose type of meats and add your own ingredients. Plus melting some Perfect Italiano cheese on top makes something simple, a little more special.
Just an idea, how about some handmade meatballs and pasta? You can also toss some pasta with your favourite tomato sauce and half a cup of Perfect Italiano Mozzarella Cheese.
Place in an ovenproof dish and top with the handmade meatballs and more Mozzarella for that cheesy oomph. What you have would be a baked golden brown mozzarella cheese pasta.
* This entry is brought to you by Perfect Italiano. The Perfect Italiano cheeses are available at leading supermarkets. For more recipes and videos, visit the Perfect Italiano website at http://perfectitaliano.com.sg/recipes
Takumi by Sushiro – Affordable Chirashi Don Shop At Thomson Plaza Opens Gyudon Concept. $12 Per Bowl
February 19, 2017
February 04, 2017