Perfect Italiano Festive Recipe – Cheese Baked Christmas Casserole
The Christmas season is the time where many get together to celebrate and feast. Sometimes, preparing a meal does get rather stressful. Recall the time when you are invited to a potluck and wonder “What dish can I bring?”
Here is a very simple recipe of a Cheese Baked Christmas Casserole, yet good enough to impress your friends which you can easily prepare at home in just about 35 minutes (15 minutes preparation + 20 minutes cooking).
To my surprise, the casserole turned out pretty neat, and my family made me feel good by saying “this tastes better what some of the other restaurants offer”.
My secret help is the Perfect Italiano cheese – which can transform simple fares into Italian-inspired creations. Thy have a whole range of cheeses from Mozzarella, Parmesan to Pizza Plus. Their newly launched Perfect Bakes is indeed like its name, perfect if you need to bake dishes such as lasagna, macaroni cheese, baked pasta and rice.
You would realize that the Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes is not too oily, and bakes the dish with beautiful cheesy crust of golden brown with that elasticity. This is created with a blend of three cheeses – full flavoured cheddar blend, with a little Mozzarella for stretch and Parmesan for bite.
Cheese Baked Christmas Casserole
Ingredients (serves 4 pax)
– Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes 200g
– Broccoli 100g
– Cauliflower 50g
– Pumpkin 100g
– Smoked Turkey Ham (or other types of ham) 100g
– Alfredo or Bechamel Cream Sauce 200ml
– Salt and Pepper (to taste)
– Nutmeg Powder (pinch to taste)
– Optional ingredients: Shrimps, sliced mushooms, diced crabstick
1. Cut broccoli and cauliflower into small pieces, slice pumpkin and dice smoked turkey ham.
2. Blanch cauliflower, broccoli and pumpkin in boiling water (salted) for about 1min then strain.
3. In baking dish, combine vegetables with smoked turkey cubes and mix well with alfredo cream sauce. You can choose to add other ingredients to your liking, such as shrimps, sliced mushroom and diced crabstick.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
5. Sprinkle a pinch of nutmeg powder.
6. Top with Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes cheese and bake in the oven at 180°C for about 20 minutes or until cheese melts to golden brown.
My family liked the colour of the cheese, exclaiming the dish is quite “professional looking” (You must understand that I can’t really cook). It is especially appetizing when the cheese melted all on top, with a light crust.
Some other baked pasta recipes I found online needed to include both Mozzarella and Parmasan. With the new 3-in-1 Perfect Bakes, it really makes baking these festive dishes a lot easier and tastier!
* This entry is brought to you by Perfect Italiano. The new Perfect Italiano Perfect Bakes is available in Cold Storage, Giant and selected FairPrice outlets. For more festive recipes and videos, visit the Perfect Italiano website www.perfectitaliano.com.sg/foodfixesin15
June 22, 2017