Shokudo Japanese Coffee House – New Revamped Menu Has Almost Something For Everyone

by

Unlike other Thai Express brands Xin Wang, Poulet and Kiseki, Shokudo does not enjoy the same amount of success. I won’t be surprised if some gets it confused with the old marche-style Shokudo Japanese Bazaar at Raffles City.

Yes, Shokudo Japanese Coffee House is the one at Orchard Cineleisure (right up the escalator) and Bugis Junction. A much-needed revamp to its menu has finally arrived.

Flipping through its very extensive menu of over 130 items from starters, pizzas, pastas, hot stone rice, curry rice, maki, rosti, burger, hot plate, udon, dessert and drinks… all 14 pages of it, this reminds me of a everything-also-sell Hong Kong café selection, but Japanese style.

Some customers were ordering this mountain pile of rice, and I told myself “I must have this!” The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice ($16.80) is a show-stopper. Come on, rice wrapped with omelette topped with thick beef patty, covered in melting cheese with greens all soaked in Japanese curry? They should call this Mount Curry Eruption.

The blend of thick Japanese curry and cheese together is an amazing pair, as if the plainest rice can also taste good with it. The patty is really thick and juicy, and I think it would take two of me to finish this.

Seems like battered fish fillet burgers are the IN-thing now (spotted it at Grub and Department of Caffeine). Which teen can resist the Ryoshi Fish Burger ($10.80) which has this big slab of deep-fried fish across the bun with a sunny-side up sandwiched in between? Puts all the ‘tiny’ fish burgers to shame.

One of my greatest weaknesses is chicken wings, so I can be a little bias on this. Shokudo’s new Yuzu Chicken Wings ($7.80) served with wasabi mayonnaise has such a deliciously sweet glaze with tender meat, it is clearly my favourite dish that day.

Admittedly, some of the other items are the standard usual safe stuff – such as Unagi Mushroom Cheese Pizza ($14.80) and Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta ($15.80) – that should appeal still to the youths and masses. You get the sense that the new menu is trying to ‘play’ around with different versions of the same thing. The rosti alone has 5 different combinations.

While they took away my previous Shokudo favourite which is a Squid Ink Curry Rice, this casual Japanese-western menu hits a right note as there is almost something to order for everyone. Think Hong Kong cafe, Japanese food.

Shokudo Japanese Coffee House
Bugis Junction #01-53 (Bugis MRT) Tel: +65 6338 9216
Opening Hours: 11.30am – 11pm (Sun to Thurs), 11.30am – 12am (Fri & Sat, Eve of PH)

Cathay Cineleisure Orchard #02-06A/B (Somerset MRT) Tel: +65 6736 0971
Opening Hours: 11.30am – 2am (Sun to Thurs), 11.30am – 3am (Fri, Sat & Eve of PH)

Other Related Entries
Dolce Tokyo (313 Somerset)
Hoshino Coffee (Plaza Singapura)
Osaka Ohsho (Raffles City)
Nana’s Green Tea Café (Plaza Singapura)
Hifumi (Plaza Singapura)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Comments

1. Bridget Peh : May 28, 2013 at 10:16 am

Yuzu Chicken Wings with wasabi mayonnaise! It’s kind of creative for them to integrate so many of my favourite ingredients together, can’t wait to try!

2. The The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice caught my eye!! it looks amazing!! Need to eat it!! 😀

3. Yuzu Chicken Wings

4. Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice. Curry eruption a grand sight to be witnessed and DEVOURED anytime! :)

5. definitely the Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice!!! I actually want to try ALL but that beautiful cheezy creation caught my eye and made me drool at the first glance!

6. The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice !

have liked the facebook page and shared the post ! 😉

7. Li Shu Zhen : May 28, 2013 at 11:17 am
  8. Couldn't wait to try Shokudo’s new Yuzu Chicken Wings ($7.80) served with wasabi mayonnaise has such a deliciously sweet glaze with tender meat.

9. Squid Ink Curry Rice! Always heard of Squid Ink Pasta but never Curry Rice!

10. I would like to try Yuzu Chicken Wings.

11. Was there with friend last week.
    It’s our second “dinner” cos two of us were not satisfied after a dinner at one of the restaurant at Bugis+

The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice is fantastic, love the thick beef patty.
    Waffle is yummy too.

Now with the pictures posted, I would want to try the chicken wings and Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta. Have never tried pasta with avocado in it.

12. Yuzu Chicken Wings. Especially with the wasabi mayo!

13. Yuzu Chicken wings. It looks really good!

14. Yuzu Chicken wings :)

15. I want the Yuzu Chicken Wings! Classic favorite with a new twist to it =)

16. Yuzu Chicken Wings served with wasabi mayonnaise look so yummy, just cannot wait to try it.

17. Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice.

18. Kelley Jiang : May 28, 2013 at 4:12 am

Definitely the Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice ! Is that cheese on top? Thinking of double the cheese if going there . =)

19. Like to try the chicken wings

20. The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice, becoz I love curry!

21. Missy Grace L : May 28, 2013 at 4:17 am

Yuzu Chicken Wings look yummy.

22. seriously looks yummy!

23. I love the Mount Fuji curry Omu rice! It's so Scriumptious and a perfect treat for the family!:)

24. Ong Xiu Hui : May 28, 2013 at 12:35 pm

Mount Fuji omu curry rice!!! I thought it was just normal Japanese curry rice until you said ‘thick beef patty’ ! Can’t wait to head down and try!!

25. Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice looks appetizing:)

26. I will love to try the new MOUNT FUJI CURRY OMU RICE! The combination of the omelette + beef patty + japanese curry looks heavenly!!

27. I love their omu rice!

28. Eunice Khong : May 28, 2013 at 5:06 am

Recently tried the omelette curry n love it

29. Fong Han Yan Joanne : May 28, 2013 at 1:22 pm

I would definitely love to try their mount fuji omu curry rice! I love jap curry. And together with beef and omelette and cheese, i would want to try this heavenly combination of food! The yuzu chicken wings sounds very tempting too! :)

30. Justin Chong : May 28, 2013 at 1:28 pm

Patronised Shokudo many times but have yet to have the opportunity to try their Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice especially after its enticing display which looks like a “food mountain” which is awaiting to be conquered!

31. Yuzu Chicken Wings look tempting and yummy.

32. Yuzu Chicken Wings look tempting and yummy.

33. I am definitely going for the Yuzu Chicken Wings! ! Looks YUMMY! !

34. Will love to try The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice. Curry & Cheese! 😀

35. Yuzu Chicken Wings served with wasabi mayonnaise certainly sounds like a novelty dish! Love to find out how yuzu blends with wasabi in a single bite!

36. Would love to try Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice.
    Way tooooo delicious-looking to miss! <3

37. Love to try the Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice.

38. Yuzu chicken wings served with wasabi mayonnaise

39. Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice

40. Ryoshi Fish Burger!

41. The Ryoshi Fish Burger! :)

42. Like to try the signature dish.

43. The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice! <3

44. Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta

45. I would like to try Yuzu Chicken wings! :)

46. I would love to try their Mount Fuji Curry Omu rice as it sounds very unique. And it has been a long time since I ate at Shokudu Bugis, hope to go there again!:)

47. definitely the Yuzu Chicken Wings look like a must try!

48. Nicole Leong : May 28, 2013 at 12:59 pm

Love curry, love egg, love rice! But how could only satisfy my appetite all at one go? Little did I know that there was Curry Omu Rice on Mount Fuji, can't wait to try!

49. Unagi Mushroom Cheese Pizza for me!

50. Can't wait to try the Yuzu Chicken wings! It looks damn good just by looking at the picture! :)

51. Yuzu Chicken wings looks damn good! Can’t wait to try it out! :)

52. Shokudo’s Yuzu Chicken Wings!!! Who can resist Chicken Wings?!?!?

53. The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice looks unbelievable amazing!

54. Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice

55. Dionis Chua : May 28, 2013 at 6:22 pm

I want to eat The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice! give me win please! =D

56. Yuzu Chicken Wings

57. Kaori Lizaso : May 29, 2013 at 4:43 am

Yuzu chicken wings served with wasabi mayonnaise.

58. Ryoshi Fish Burger

59. Mount fuji Curry omu rice!

60. Yuzu chicken wings served with wasabi mayonnaise.

61. the yuzu chicken wings sound amazing!

62. I would probably wish to try out Unagi Rice Burger as its something special. I love MOS burger and I was hoping to try something similar to this. The egg on top of the unagi rice burger makes the entire burger more complete and bigger..yum yum cant wait to try them out. I believe the unagi with the egg combination will probably be something special that I have yet to try out so far. 😉 looking forward to that ;).

63. Jeremy Wong : May 29, 2013 at 4:38 pm

Yuzu Chicken Wings and Mount Fuji curry omu rice! Everything just seems so nice here! Yummy!

64. Yuzu Chicken Wings

65. Sharon Leong Mei Qi : May 30, 2013 at 9:48 am

Want to try Shokudo Japanese Coffee House's Yuzu chicken wings. :) Sweet glazed and tender meat, plus plus points :) Thank you Daniel's Food Diary for the great recommendation. All the best for the Singapore Food Blog contest. :)

66. Shokudo’s new Yuzu Chicken Wings

67. Ryoshi Fish Burger!

68. Yuzu Chicken Wings.
    My girlfriend is a BIG lover for Chicken Wings hence would love to win the vouchers and bring her there to munch out soon! 😀

69. I would love to try the yuzu chicken wings! :)

70. Ryoshi Fish Burger.

71. Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta :)

shared on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/tan.janette?ref=tn_tnmn
    and twittier: https://twitter.com/jjtomi/status/340267105431744514

72. Janette Tan : May 31, 2013 at 12:47 am

Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta.

73. Yee Zhuangli : May 31, 2013 at 2:44 am

Ahh! Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta looks like a must try! :d

74. Mount fuji omu rice and yuzu chicken wings~ Their omu rice never fails to disappoint!

75. Timothy Tang : June 2, 2013 at 1:07 am
  76. I would like to try the Yuzu chicken wings served with wasabi mayonnaise

77. koh peng jek : June 2, 2013 at 6:47 pm

Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta.

78. teo kai sin : June 2, 2013 at 7:27 pm

Yuzu Chicken Wings looks delicious. =)

79. Hong Jingting : June 2, 2013 at 11:48 am

Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice for me! always love curry and all thing spicy! :)

80. Ryoshi Fish Burger

81. Ryoshi Fish Burger.

82. My favourite will be Unagi Mushroom Cheese Pizza!!

83. luah moi kee : June 2, 2013 at 7:52 pm

Yuzu Chicken Wings. Hope I am lucky one!

84. My favourite will be Unagi Mushroom Cheese Pizza!

85. teo hock koon : June 2, 2013 at 8:20 pm

Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice. always love curry

86. Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice!!!

87. if you didn't say, I wouldn't know! I want to try the Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice! it looks tempting just from this picture already!

88. if you didn’t say, I wouldn’t know!
    I want to try the Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice!

it looks way toooo tempting just from this picture already!

89. Elizabeth Lee : June 3, 2013 at 2:15 pm

Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta sounds absolutely delish! would love to try since I've always been a fan of their delicious pizzas! <3

90. The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice….There can be only one!!!

91. Yuzu Chicken Wings

92. Dessert please. Shared n liked

93. Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta.

94. Ryoshi Fish Burger!!

95. Mount Fuji curry rice

96. Food good. I like food.

97. Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice!!! :p

98. the omu rice looks sooooo goood!

99. I want to try the Yuzu chicken wings w/ wasabi mayonnaise and the seafood avocado carbonara pasta.

100. I would love to try the Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice!!!!!!! looks so delicious yumyum!

101. The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice

102. Faradila Loren : June 3, 2013 at 10:38 pm

Love the Omu Rice

103. Priscilla Tay (MiuCherie) : June 3, 2013 at 10:41 pm

I would love to try the Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta!!! Nom nom nom!!! 😀

104. Never try it before.

105. Never try the Ryoshi Fish Burger before.

106. Yuzu Chicken Wings

107. Curry Omu Rice!!

108. I’d like to try the Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice.

109. Winter L Kuromi : June 3, 2013 at 3:53 pm

I never fail to drink their yuzu tea whenever I visit Shokudo!
    I really love yuzu. Be it ice cream, tea or pastries. I would definitely not miss trying their new item yuzu wings! Hope I can win the vouchers and bring my family for a Japanese treat! 😀

110. The Yuzu Chicken Wings looks yummy!

111. Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice! or everything! HAHA!

112. Yuzu Chicken Wings served with wasabi mayonnaise.

113. Lu Siu Ching : June 4, 2013 at 1:05 am

I want to try Mount Fuji curry omu rice!

114. Ryoshi Fish Burger because it looks yummy :)

115. Seafood Avocado Carbonara Pasta, it looks so yummy and would love to try it.

116. Squid Ink Curry Rice.

117. The Mount Fuji Curry Omu Rice.

118. i wanna try the YuZu Chicken wings!!! yum!!!!

119. Passed by every day… give me a reason to try….

120. Mount fuji curry omu rice looks too good to be missed! :)

121. Mount fuji curry omu rice! 😀

122. I have a weakness for Japanese curry and I want to try the Mt Fuji Omu Curry Rice!!!

123. Christine low : June 4, 2013 at 9:47 pm