The following is an invite to all bloggers.

Dear fellow Bloggers,

This is Daniel from Daniel’s Food Diary, and I have started a little bloggers’ initiative called #CookForFamily.

Most would agree that eating together with the family brings indescribable joy, along with bonding, quality time together and better relationships. And as what most moms would say, “Home-cooked food is always healthier”. However, many have moved from cooking and eating together at home, to eating out because we are just too busy.

The #CookForFamily is a bloggers-for-bloggers initiative. No competition, sponsors, or hidden agenda involved. It is created with a simple objective of getting more bloggers, and hopefully their fans and followers, to start cooking and bonding with their families.

How #CookForFamily Works
Here are some simple steps:
- Pick any day in July to cook a meal for a single member of your family, entire family or loved ones.
- The meal does not have to be anything fanciful, as long as it is cooked from the heart.
- Remember to take photos of your cooking.
- Blog about your cooking, the experience, your thoughts, what your family thinks of your cooking, and encourage others to #CookForFamily too.
- Publish the blog entry on 6th August Monday to generate more online hype.
- Hash-tag the different social media channels (eg twitter, instagram) with #CookForFamily

Be Part of #CookForFamily
When bloggers unite, we can make a difference – and I hope to gather 100 bloggers to be part of this simple initiative.

Bloggers Already Participating in #CookForFamily – Thank You Very Much!
365days2play (Dawn Huang), A Juggling Mom (Susan) A&W Couple’s Blog (Abbey & Will), Acquisition of Taste (Andy and Ashley), AiMakan (Hazel Tay), Alvinology (Alvin Lim), AromaCookery (Julia Khoo), AspirantSG (Wee Heng), Calvin Timo , Celestial Delish (Celes Fernandez), Cheekiemonkie (Kelvin), Chrispytine (Christine) , Cooksnapeatlove (Jacob Leong), Cuisine Paradise (Ellena Guan), Daniel’s Food Diary (Daniel Ang), Danny Love To Eat (Danny Tan), Darren Bloggie, Delicious Soup Recipes (Dominique Goh), Fighting Fires & Baking Buns, Flora Yeo, Food.Recentrunes (Ivan Ng), Foodie Ah, Foodie’s Kitchen, Foodoshoot (Charlene Chew), Gourmetestorie (Justin Daniel Pereira). Gninethree (Charleen), HazelNutLife (Hazel Lam), HisFoodBlog (Rayner Ng), iisjong (Joey Ong), J Babies Dad (Isaiah), Jessie Food Trip (Ong Meng Ching), Keropokman (Philip Lim), Le Petit Connoisseur (Stargirl), Lobster Paints (Shi Ting), Lovin Greens (Huiyuan), Mamawearpapashirt (June), Melicacy (Melissa Koh), Memoirs Of Food (Daniel Hung), MissyGlutton, MoonBerry (Irene), Ms SkinnyFat (Cheryl Ng), Mummy Blogs (Sandra Tan), Raising Rock Star, RubbishEatRubbishGrow (Nathanael Ho), Rynaque, Seng Kang Babies (Andy), Slurp (Jason), Story of Bing (Karen Lim), Superfinefeline (Karen), Teru2xBozu Goes Hungry, The Dining Table (Javan), The Dirty Stall, The Gingerbread Mum (Adora Tan), The Square Box (Jenn Lim), You Got Me Blogging (Razlan), Yumyumformytumtum (Peter Oh)

If you are interested in joining, leave me an email (DanielFoodDiary@gmail.com) or a comment below with your email saying “Yes, I Want To Cook For My Family!”

Tags: , , , , , , , , , , , , , ,

30 Responses to “Join The #CookForFamily Initiative – Be part of the 100 Bloggers to make that difference!”

1. July 3, 2012 at 11:18 pm #

Yeah! RT @DanielFoodDiary: Join The #CookForFamily Initiative – Be part of the 100 Bloggers to make that difference! http://t.co/zpRT5PG9

2. July 3, 2012 at 11:21 pm #

Wheeee! I’m so excited about this! Btw I’m no longer “Foodoshoot” ah..Haha :P

3. July 4, 2012 at 9:44 am #

Good on you! =) I’m in too!!

4. July 4, 2012 at 11:23 am #

Hello There. I found your weblog the usage of msn. That is an extremely smartly written article. I will be sure to bookmark it and return to learn extra of your useful info. Thank you for the post. I’ll certainly comeback.

5. July 4, 2012 at 11:53 am #

Yes! I want to cook for family!

6. July 5, 2012 at 4:14 pm #

Hi Daniel, many thanks for your email with regards to the above initiative! Wonderful blog you’ve got here & it’s great connecting with you. I’ll revert as soon as I can due to my tight schedule. Looking fwd to sharing! I’m following now on the various social media :)

• admin
      July 5, 2012 at 10:15 pm #

Thanks Shirley, so do I count you in? :)

7. July 7, 2012 at 2:22 am #

Looking forward to share recipes with the other bloggers as we demonstrate our love to the family in the most practical way :)

• admin
      July 7, 2012 at 9:37 am #

Thanks Susan for your support! Looking forward to your entries :)

8. July 9, 2012 at 6:18 pm #

Hey Daniel! Include me in the list too! =)

9. July 10, 2012 at 12:36 pm #

My name is not up there in the list. I guess I’m in?

• admin
      July 10, 2012 at 1:20 pm #

Yah, that was blogged last week. I will update tomorrow. :)

10. July 10, 2012 at 10:04 pm #

Yeah!!! So excited about this coming cookoff event :p Thanks for organising this Daniel!

11. Wendy
    July 11, 2012 at 12:41 pm #

learning to cook. can join?

• admin
      July 11, 2012 at 4:40 pm #

As long as you are willing. You have a blog?

12. July 12, 2012 at 5:02 pm #

A super initiative. Thanks for posting on http://www.facebook.com/foodbloggersindia
    may I also request all bloggers to join FBAI here http://www.facebook.com/foodbloggersindia

Thank you.

13. July 16, 2012 at 11:44 am #

“Yes, I Want To Cook For My Family!”

14. July 31, 2012 at 3:51 pm #

“Yes, I Want To Cook For My Family!” :)

15. August 7, 2012 at 12:20 pm #

Will “…Cook For My Family!” on National Day – Family day :p Interesting initiative, Daniel!

• admin
      August 7, 2012 at 3:47 pm #

Thanks! Looking forward to see your cooking :D

16. August 7, 2012 at 4:44 pm #

Looks like I am too late. Ain’t i?

• admin
      August 8, 2012 at 10:07 am #

Never too late :D

17. October 11, 2012 at 2:07 pm #

Lovebites says: “Yes, I Want To Cook For My Family!” When are you doing the next one? :-)

• admin
      October 12, 2012 at 7:07 am #

DanielFoodDiary says: “YES! Most likely next year same date. And why don’t Lovebites do one in HK?” :)

18. June 28, 2014 at 9:58 pm #

Some of Investment Underground’s notable work anticipated the departure
    of Avon CEO, Andrea Jung well beforehand. There is plenty of oil on the global
    markets and real BTU rich alternatives including coal and
    bio mass to power cars ,trucks and trains for ever more.

Below is an interview with Sokol that accompanied the Fortune piece.

Trackbacks/Pingbacks

1. July activities | Sengkang Babies - July 5, 2012

[...] Blogger Daniel wants some volunteers to #CookForFamily. We cook, we bond, then we blog about our family experience.  Kids place their tummy-faith on Daddy’s French toast! (Photo taken early Sat morning when Daddy is supposed to be snoozing, thus the no-makeover style) –> If you are interested, join 100 others at Twitter Hashtag #CookForFamily or register here. [...]

2. Motivational Monday {Linky Party} – Cooking with Love | A Juggling Mom - July 16, 2012

[...] also taken up Daniel’s challenge to take part in his #CookForFamily initiative. It’s a bloggers-for-bloggers initiative where the objective is simply to get more [...]

3. letters from sparky:: five « lady J's musings - July 27, 2012

[...] last weekend, the home was filled with happy smells as mummy and daddy took part in this ‘cook for family‘ initiative.  i only wished that i could be at the receiving end of this initiative, i [...]

4. Broccoli & Anchovy Orecchiette « The Dirty Stall - August 6, 2012

[...] dish came about as part of the #CookForFamily initiative started by Daniel from Daniel’s Food Diary. It’s quite a simple and healthy [...]

5. The One With Cooking For Family #CookForFamily on You Got Me Blogging - August 6, 2012

[...] This #CookForFamily thing is more of a Singaporean food blogger thing, but the few of us in Hong Kong – namely Janice, Michelle and I – decided to [...]