SoEZ – Brownie Baking 101
I would have loved to bake if I had a proper kitchen and time. Opening up a cake shop has always been a dream (Partners anyone?). Anyway, the following recipe was from a demo class from SoEZ – Thank you Chef June for teaching patiently.
1. Butter – 100g
2. Sugar – 80g
3. Dark Chocolate – 120g
4. Egg – 2
5. Vanilla Essence – 1/2 teaspoon
6. Self-raising flour – 120g
7. salt – 1/2 teaspoon
8. Walnut (chopped) – 75g
1. Cream – 50g
2. Chocolate – 75g
1. Melt butter, sugar and chocolate over a pot of hot water
2. Add egg and vanilla essence
3. Add flour and salt
4. Add in chopped walnut and stir to mix well
5. Line the tray, pre-heat oven at 170 degrees (To prevent burning the bottoms of your brownies, place the pan on a preheated cookie shee.)
6. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or till cooked (Can use a stick to test the dough. It should come out ‘dry’)
1. Boil the cream, pour it to the chocolate and stir well until it melts
2. Spread it onto the cooked brownie
3. Chill it overnight before cutting.
Other baking tips
1. Roost the walnuts for 5-10 minutes, preheat 180 degree. This enhance the flavor of the nuts.
2. You may add rum or brandy to the egg for the alcoholic taste
3. You may use fine brown sugar as alternative
4. For more shiny ganache, you can add an additional 20 grams of butter
5. Brownies will be easier to cut if you place the pan in the freezer for several minutes. Dip a sharp knife in hot water, wipe it dry, and move it across the pan in an up-and-down sawing motion.
6. You can refrigerate the batter for several hours, or up to two days, before baking. If you put the cold batter in a preheated oven, brownies will come out chewier.
Nouveau Cafe – Secret Dessert Spot In The CBD, Instagram-Worthy Cakes At Hong Leong Building Basement
April 25, 2018
January 24, 2018